Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

mickie james, melina & ashley

• 10-03-2007 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭

ok, why is it melina V ashley for the womens belt at mania ? it should be melina V james.

I wonder which one of these fits--
    1)--mickie is very very popular and maybe vince does not want her to be big yet.

or 2) she really got hurt on RAW this week (it did look bad)

It has to be melina now to win at mania. Although last week when ashley did have a match she looked good. But for a girl that won a diva competition 2 years ago and only has had a few matches in that time, to win the belt would not seem right.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

Ashley is guarenteed to win at Mania, shes on the cover of playboy!?plain simple and as you said,she can kinda wrestle....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Well according to the Diva Dish section on WWE.com, Mickie is taking some time off. Going on a holiday with her brother and friends. So maybe she will or won't be involved in the WM match.

I hope to god that Ashley doesn't win the title....She, IMO, does not work well in the ring. She is just so bland and can't sell the moves! Hell, even Melina is a better in-ring competitor than Ashley.

If Ashley win....JUST cos shes on the Playboy cover, it'll be the worst move. Shur wasn't there talk of Candice winning it WM when she was on the cover. Victoria is the most deserving of the title!!!! And where the hell is Beth Phoenix?? She's back in OVW for awhile, why not bring her on tv...or Nattie Neidhart....oh wait, she is being used as 'eye candy' in OVW :rolleyes:.Why not bring Jillian to Raw and have her compete for the title!!

<Rant over> :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Well according to the Diva Dish section on WWE.com, Mickie is taking some time off. Going on a holiday with her brother and friends. So maybe she will or won't be involved in the WM match.

I hope to god that Ashley doesn't win the title....She, IMO, does not work well in the ring. She is just so bland and can't sell the moves! Hell, even Melina is a better in-ring competitor than Ashley.

If Ashley win....JUST cos shes on the Playboy cover, it'll be the worst move. Shur wasn't there talk of Candice winning it WM when she was on the cover. Victoria is the most deserving of the title!!!! And where the hell is Beth Phoenix?? She's back in OVW for awhile, why not bring her on tv...or Nattie Neidhart....oh wait, she is being used as 'eye candy' in OVW :rolleyes:.Why not bring Jillian to Raw and have her compete for the title!!

<Rant over> :mad:

Do you feel better after that?!

Ashley won't necessarily win. Christy Hemme was pretty much in the same situation 2 years ago and they didn't give her the belt.

Melina for me though deserves her spot. I can see big things for her and Nitro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

micke james and victoria are the only half decent women wrestlers on the roster at the mo,maria should NEVER be let work a match though

krudler wrote:
    maria should NEVER be let work a match though

I think thats unfair. She had a perfectly fine match with Melina 2 weeks ago that the crowd were into. It wasn't Chris Benoit versus Kurt Angle but your never gonna get a womans match like that in the WWE because of the direction WWE goes with their divas.

Basically to me, the WWE direction 90% of the time is, "look hot and we'll teach you how to wrestle as you go along but make sure you stay hot". People can agree or disagree with the direction but don't blame the divas, blame the WWE for hiring them in the first place and then secondly throwing them into the ring with little experience.

Personally I disagree with the direction. TnA for the sake of TnA means alot less in 2007 than it did in 1998. Its old news. Or maybe I'm just getting old! I don't think so though. If Ashely, 10 years ago had done at No way out what she 2 weeks ago the people would have gone mad. In 2007, very few cared.

In contrast you have the EXC MMA group on show time with the likes of Gina Carrano and Julie Kedzie (equally attractive and talented!) getting a standing ovation when they fought. The lesson? If WWE takes womans wrestling seriously, the fans will eventually too. It'll take time though and I have my doubts if they'll ever do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Melina's well able to go in the ring. The same can't be said for Ashley. Jillian's able to work too, but Mickie and Victoria are easily the best they have right now. As I've said before, it must be disheartening for the likes of them that Ashley can get a spot on the show because she'll take her clothes off

Don't the ratings often drop these days when they do diva segments?
    In contrast you have the EXC MMA group on show time with the likes of Gina Carrano and Julie Kedzie (equally attractive and talented!) getting a standing ovation when they fought. The lesson? If WWE takes womans wrestling seriously, the fans will eventually too. It'll take time though and I have my doubts if they'll ever do it.

I watched that event last night, great fight. It seems that WWE goes through 2 or 3 weeks of pushing women who can wrestle, but then they just give up on it. Like Victoria's recent streak of attacking all the women on the roster, which ended with a lost title fight I think. A lot of people seemed to enjoy that from what I heard, but then it was just dropped, for this Ashley thing I suppose

Fozzy wrote:
    Don't the ratings often drop these days when they do diva segments?

Meltzer was talking about this a while ago. I think his basic point was that in the past something like the ECW strip poker that they did in October would have drawn a bigger number than the previous week. Instead it didn't do anything.

I think the era where loads more people will tune in to see a lingerie match is over. And it shouldn't surprise anyone. Its just not special anymore after you've seen it a zillion times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This seems to be becoming an annual thing sadly. Having Wrestlemania women's matches associated with Playboy...

WM20 - Torrie and Sable vs Stacy and Miss Jackie (Playboy Evening Gown match)

WM21 - Trish Stratus vs Christy Hemme (who was in Playboy that year)

WM22 - Torrie vs Candice - Playboy Pillow fight match

And now...

WM23 - Melina vs Ashley (this year's playboy cover girl)

I too feel sorry for the other women like Mickie and Victoria who bust their asses for the company only to be denied a match on the year's biggest show because of someone willing to get naked for a magazine.

My prediction for WM24...

Melina vs Kelly Kelly (Extreme Playboy dance off or some other bullsh*t)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

TnA for the sake of TnA means alot less in 2007 than it did in 1998. Its old news. Or maybe I'm just getting old! I don't think so though. If Ashely, 10 years ago had done at No way out what she 2 weeks ago the people would have gone mad. In 2007, very few cared.

Very true. At Fully Loaded 1998, Sable pulled the exact same move in a Bikini contest. The place went absolutely nuts. Heck, I was 13 at the time and bought the video going on a blurred out picture they had of it on the box cover. :rolleyes: Those were days, now any young pup has the treasure throve that is broadband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Do you feel better after that?!

Yes, actually i do thanks :p

It's sad to see going back over past Wrestlemanias and seeing these crap novelty matches. I mean last year's Mickie vs. Trish was one of the best women's matches of last year in the WWE, if only they were more matches like that.

Mickie and Victoria are the only females who have actually been used properly for their ability. Jillian is a really good wrestler from what i've seen, as is Beth Phoenix and Trinity. Then there is Melina, who is proving that she is good in the ring and i'm enjoying seeing her in matches. I agree about Maria, she isn't the best but atleast she can work a match well!

What is the future for the women's division I wonder. It reached a high point with people like Trish, Victoria, Jazz, Lita, Gail Kim and Molly but they've made no effort to get it back to that point.

I would agree that seeing semi-nude women these days has become dull. With the internet-handy world we live in we can see a whole lot more very easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 evee_03

kinda noticing d thread of bad taste womens matches @ WM aswel. u'd tink dat at da "grand-daddy of them all", wwe wud hav a big womens title match. mickie & victoria should b fightin, in maybe a womens ladder match. wat do ya tink?? :confused:
    dey should bring bac beth phoenix aswell. she's was gud!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Stop using "txt spk"

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Slightly off topic,but just seen some of Ashleys pics for her Playboy mag,in the words of Borat ....."IS NICE"! :D

Slightly off topic,but just seen some of Ashleys pics for her Playboy mag,in the words of Borat ....."IS NICE"! :D

Agreed. Very nice. :D

Ah you gotta love the internet...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Where are the pics? Could someone PM me the link?

EDIT: Thanks Triple H and Double C for the PMs!

Just saw the pics and they are as previously stated...Very Nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

there's a lot of ill feeling to poor melina out here, which is weird considering her history, she can wrestle in fact she was tutored by lance storm and finlay, people just seem to think shes only a valet cause thats all they saw on wwe tv. don't forget how badly trish started out before she became so venerated by the fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Back in the good days of T and A.

Wait a minute, they weren't good days at all!

Way off topic, but just while A is in my head, Albert/A-Train/Giant Bernard is kicking all kinds of ass in NJPW. He's meant to be putting on quality matchs fairly regularly over there. Who'd have thunk it?

Double C wrote:
    Way off topic, but just while A is in my head, Albert/A-Train/Giant Bernard is kicking all kinds of ass in NJPW. He's meant to be putting on quality matchs fairly regularly over there. Who'd have thunk it?

It was his back hair that was holding him back. He actually had a tattoo hidden under it all. I've seen one of his matches, decent enough. He was great back in his Velocity days, they didn't know what to do with him when he was on SD

• Advertisement
Advertisement