Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio-Visual Media

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Just got this damn leaving cert to do first

Haha! We have no exams this semester! :)

(I also met Motley Crue above on this very forum before he joined AV :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

One of past students of audio visual media in ITT is a lecturer in Dundalk Institute of Technology Multimedia course.

It doesn't really matter what and where you study these days, it's how you sell yourself that matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

sell yourself,ey?
    sounds fun!
    :D

AV sounds like my kind of course though.
    I've looked through every college,and apart from communications in DCU,nothing else really compares.

I went to the DCU open day though and the amount of retards there totally put me off. (by retards I mean D4-type yokes who asked questions the lecturer had just covered)

The people in Tallaght seem more my type of people!
    So far,I only know 2 people who go there,neither of them very well,so it's slightly intimidating,but oh well!

Anyone got any advice on accommodation?
    I'm coming from the boglands of west Cork,you see!
    although,I WAS born in Dublin and lived there 'til I was 5,so don't cast me out just yet! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Dilogoat

sell yourself,ey?
    sounds fun!

AV sounds like my kind of course though.
    I've looked through every college,and apart from communications in DCU,nothing else really compares.

I went to the DCU open day though and the amount of retards there totally put me off. (by retards I mean D4-type yokes who asked questions the lecturer had just covered)

The people in Tallaght seem more my type of people!
    So far,I only know 2 people who go there,neither of them very well,so it's slightly intimidating,but oh well!

Anyone got any advice on accommodation?
    although,I WAS born in Dublin and lived there 'til I was 5,so don't cast me out just yet! :o

There's apartments right beside it which are flagged for student use. If you get in early enough you can nab one. They have all the mod cons and a 16Mb internet connection. As far as I know it's pretty cheap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

The Students' Union keep an accommodation list.

You can email susec@it-tallaght.ie and ask about it.

• Advertisement

although

Oh Gods, not another one.

wicked!
    I'll keep an eye out!
    I'll be coming up to look for accomodation in a few weeks,after the exams.

hahah
    charming!
    I'm not THAT bad though!
    I don't have much of a Cork accent or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Dilogoat

I suppose that'll have to do. Just don't make your Corkness public knowledge! I jest:)

Evil!
    I never do mention the fact I live in Cork though,It's slightly shameful,so I do accept your point!
    Cork,itself,is fine,it's just the fact I live in a teeeeny village full of farmers... I'm proud of myself for actually knowing what advertising is!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭qwertyface

I have this course down too! stupid leaving cert TOMORROW!

just wondering can you do a language with it? I'd like to keep up french or irish and i thought there was sometihng written about language in the course layout thing, but it didn't say anything more about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

Irish was dropped this year, despite protests etc from Staff & Students, not sure about the rest.

My year definately had the option of Fench, German and Irish in first and second year. Whether its been abandoned altogether or whether its only for 1st and 2nd year I don't know.

You do realise you can just keep doing a language on your own right?

When I was reading about the course, it had option language modules in first and second year, which were French and German. Never heard a mention of Irish at all! The language modules are against radio production-type-things, so I think I'll be giving them up!
    If anyone knows where I can learn japanese though, I'd be very grateful!

I strongly suspect you have no idea what a major undertaking that would be. Or why liking anime is not a good reason :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=224

Ah!
    But I love Japan!
    I want to at least try!
    It's complicated,to say the least,but I'm quite good at other languages!

My leaving is going ok,so hopefully,I'll be seeing everyone in September

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Nikk

Im hoping to get this course also!! I had the points for it last year so i hope it doesnt go up by too much!
    Im thinking of getting a laptop, possibly a MAC, do you use certain programmes on this course like for graphic design etc?
    And also is post production like editing and that included in the tv production elective?!
    Sounds like such a fun course!!
    Cheers

TV isn't an elective until fourth year, its mandatory. The only Macs we use are for TV post production, which have Final Cut Pro on them. Thats the industry standard these days. TV is quite comprehensive, from pre-production to post-production. Editing is fantastic, but for some truly boggling reason they teach decades old two-machine editing in first year (like, big clunky machines). I think you don't get to use FCP until later but here's hoping they change that. The two programs you'll be using most in Graphic Design are Photoshop and Flash, though flash will come later. They might also do Illustrator and/or Director depending on what year and who's teaching. Theres some sort of 3D package aswell, I think thats used in Fourth Year.

So many forum-savvy first years...

Advertisement