Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to London : info required

Options
  • 10-03-2007 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I've been thinking about moving to London for the past few weeks, I've been trawling round the web but there's not much useful info available. Has anyone here had experience in London? basically trying to find out about accomodation, work etc. the transport system is meant to be really good, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

We lived there for 10 years.

You'll probably want to start by finding a job there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

This might be of some use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Hi All,

I've been thinking about moving to London for the past few weeks, I've been trawling round the web but there's not much useful info available. Has anyone here had experience in London? basically trying to find out about accomodation, work etc. the transport system is meant to be really good, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Alan

PM me with some specific questions and I'll let you know.

(I moved over less than a month ago so I could probably give you a good indicator of what it's like for a newbie!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

Try www.upmystreet.com and enter the particular area you're thinking of. You'll get info on just about everything.
    I'm also a Londoner, and I'm also thinking of moving over there next year, so if you want to know anything specific, you can PM me or
    e-mail revelationjoe (at) iolfree (dot) ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Hi All,

Thanks in advance
    Alan

might find following sites useful for renting
    http://www.foxtons.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

OK, if you're looking to flat or house share, i've found the following resources absolutely invaluable.

www.spareroom.co.uk
    uk.easyroommate.com/
    http://www.moveflat.com/cgi-bin/dbr.asp?n=3115

The general rule of thumb i guess would be to live roughly the same side of london you intend to be working in.

Any other questions ask away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Estate agents like Foxtons charge a fee when they find you a place. Also means you need to rent your own place out which can cost a fortune.

Advertisement