Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor dropped calls

• 10-03-2007 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

I have this problem of calls being constantly dropped when I call other Meteor phones. It doesn't happen as much if I call phones on other networks or landlines.

Does anybody else have this problem?

I was with O2 since 1999 and switched to Meteor 3 years ago due to them being cheaper but now I need reliability over cost so I am considering switching back. Will O2 be any better?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

In my experience, Vodafone has the fewest dropped calls overall. I was with Meteor myself for over a year, and while I never had any issues with dropped calls, I did have other problems that made me return to O2 for my personal phone.

Just a thought, but have you ruled out an issue with your handset rather than a network problem?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

wherabouts are you based and how is the coverage in general? I've been with meteor coming up on two years now and never had a dropped call (k750i mostly in dublin)

As Urban says though have had all kinds of other issues and will move soon but dropped calls were never a problem,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Hi,

I'm in Cork. I have a k750i but I've used my SIM with other phones and still have the dropped calls. So I'm thinking the network is at fault. Coverage is average I suppose.
    Most people I know are on Meteor and they seem to have problems sometimes but then again I guess you could say the same about all the networks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

What does your sim card start with? Take it out of the phone and have a look. I'm guess it's 032 or something. If it's not 0522, go to your nearest Meteor store and get a sim replacement. Since you're upgrading your sim, it's free.

Also, if you're not in Cork city, I believe West Cork is covered by the new Vodafone roaming agreement. The city is not covered as it has practically full coverage with Meteors own masts.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

just to say mine is an 0522 sim.

• Advertisement

I'm in Cork City. I'll check that thanks.

My SIM starts with 032.
    What's the significance of the numbers on the SIM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That's basically an older sim card. It may not work 100% in new phones (for example, you may not be able to text in a new Nokia).

Best to just go to Meteor in Blackpool/Patrick St/Wilton SC and get a sim replacement.

Advertisement