Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belly rings during pregnancy.

• 10-03-2007 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    just a 'quicky' for those of you in a similar position or those of you in the business. I have a belly ring which I'd like to keep during my pregnancy. I don't want to have to take it out, let the hole close up and then have to get it all done over again.
    Anyway, what's the best suggestion for this, bearing in mind the whole issues of stretching skin, growing belly, etc. etc?
    I saw a UK programme about a girl who had a temporary 'bar' put in instead of her usual one. She had a thin piece of plastic or rubber tubing substituted for her belly-bar and had two metal balls on the end, screw in ones, just like a normally fully metal bar.
    I hadn't really thought about my own recently, until I noticed that every once in a while it will get slightly irritated and turn a bit reddish. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I have to get something done.
    Can anybody who knows about these things let me know what's the usual recommendation? What do pregnant women normally do about their belly piercing? What is suggested by the professionals?
    Any help, advice or tips appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement