Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbie Williams - up his own a*Se?

Options
  • 10-03-2007 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

He checks into rehab, after months of not getting anywhere with his music. Then he emerges and is photo'd non stop....falling in and out of night clubs??

Is he a complete tosser or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

no he's amazing! LOVE Robbie Williams!!

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

ah i'll admit he's had a few good songs, and he can be a great entertainer, but he needs to get over himself. I'd love him to spend an avo with my no nonsence mother, she'd tear strips off him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Rawr!

ah everyone loves Robbie... Some legend! And hey! Alot of people have depression.... And ya can't just say "get over it". Tis a serious issue like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I thought the reason he went to set up a life in America was because no one knew who he was and he liked it. Maybe he wants a bit of attention now and back into the spotlight.

I dunno.... People said its all over this Take That business... that its cause they got back together and are now bigger than him......

I dunno....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I've never quite "got" Robbie Williams. To me he's a slightly pudgy ex-dancer from a boy band, who seems to have struck it lucky with a bunch of not very well warbled and somewhat trite pop numbers. Why people seem to think he's the best thing that's happened in the last decade is beyond me.

Frankly, if he imploded tomorrow, I wouldn't miss him.

I think he has had song great songs..... and then some not so great songs, still alright, but not the great standard of "Let me entertain you" and "angels" and whatnot....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

He'd sort out the mess in his head once and for all if he just comes out of the closet imo.

Thats a lot of peoples opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Malteaser! wrote:
    no he's amazing! LOVE Robbie Williams!!

Gary Barlow having last laugh though:)

• Advertisement

I LOVE TAKE THAT! They are yummy! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Miss Fluff wrote:
    He'd sort out the mess in his head once and for all if he just comes out of the closet imo.

Dear God No! Bad enough that George Micheal is Gay dont want to lose another fine bloke to the other side!

lol.... all the good lookin ones are gay! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

OPENROAD wrote:
    Gary Barlow having last laugh though:)

but has he really? ok so he's had two hits songs since they came back but it could just because its a it of a novelty having them back together!

think of the amount of hits Robbies had since he left the band, he's definately the more popular!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Rehab = Attention

A star isnt in the papers for a few months, i.e they are old news. All of a sudden they're in rehab, and bam on the front of the papers! Marketing ploy in robbie's case if you ask me.

Malteaser! wrote:
    but has he really? ok so he's had two hits songs since they came back but it could just because its a it of a novelty having them back together!

think of the amount of hits Robbies had since he left the band, he's definately the more popular!

Not really,yes he may well have had more hits as a solo artist but Gary has carved out quite a successful songwriting career working for other artists over the last few years, has a happy marriage, two kids, riding high again now with Take That, so yes I'd say he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Plus in terms of album sales, Take That are miles ahead of Robbie - Robbie's Rudebox album has sold 454,000 in the UK while TT's Beautiful World sold 1.15m after just six weeks and was the third best-selling album of last year in the UK. That's massive; this isn't just some novelty comeback, they're genuinely a huge band in their own right now.

Robbie seems to have just fallen apart in the last few years. The songs have been unmemorable and he seems like a total car crash waiting to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

BuffyBot wrote:
    I've never quite "got" Robbie Williams. To me he's a slightly pudgy ex-dancer from a boy band, who seems to have struck it lucky with a bunch of not very well warbled and somewhat trite pop numbers. Why people seem to think he's the best thing that's happened in the last decade is beyond me.

Frankly, if he imploded tomorrow, I wouldn't miss him.

Are you Liam Gallagher out of Oasis by any chance??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

Robbie Williams does my head in!!!!!

He continually moans about how bad his life is and how he wishes he wasn't in the spotlght all the time, yet I don't see him doing anything about it!!!

I'm delighted to see Gary Barlow outdo him, Robbie did everything he could to ruin Gary's solo career when Take That broke up despite the fact that he was successful in his own right and there was no need for it. Gary was doing well for himself when Robbie started spouting off in interviews etc and some morons were happy to agree with him. Now he wishes he was Gary Barlow.:rolleyes:

As for him being upset about Take That's new found success....TOUGH!!!! He was asked to join them and declined and then he had the unfathomable arrogance to appear to them via satellite at the reunion like some god looking down upon his minions - sooo patronising.

He is one of the most self centred unlikeable celebs out there!!!

EMI are in trouble today thanks to Robbie Williams, they made two major mistakes:

No.1. Signing RW for £80m which not only further inflated Robbie's bank balance but also his already overinflated ego! As a result churning out rubbish albums (see below)

No.2. NOT signing Guy Chambers

• Advertisement

Robbie Williams does my head in!!!!!

He continually moans about how bad his life is and how he wishes he wasn't in the spotlght all the time, yet I don't see him doing anything about it!!!

I'm delighted to see Gary Barlow outdo him, Robbie did everything he could to ruin Gary's solo career when Take That broke up despite the fact that he was successful in his own right and there was no need for it. Gary was doing well for himself when Robbie started spouting off in interviews etc and some morons were happy to agree with him. Now he wishes he was Gary Barlow.:rolleyes:

As for him being upset about Take That's new found success....TOUGH!!!! He was asked to join them and declined and then he had the unfathomable arrogance to appear to them via satellite at the reunion like some god looking down upon his minions - sooo patronising.

He is one of the most self centred unlikeable celebs out there!!!

Well said, as you said Gary was doing well for himself until Robbie started all the rubbish, great to see Gary back again in the public eye,although he was doing very well as a songwriter for artists.
    As songwriters no contset, Gary wins hands down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Is your username anything to do with Gary Barlow Open Road? ;)

Gary Barlow is the new George Michael who was the new Elton John!

Advertisement