Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a bus

• 10-03-2007 4:15pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey.

Can anyone recommend a good company to hire a bus from for a weekend? I am looking to get one to bring at least 7 people to a weekend festival in the summer from the Waterford area. I have a few in mind, but just gonna shop about to see what deals I can get. :)

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

You know you will need someone who has the appropiate licence to drive the bus. Alternatively you could hire rapid express to drive you to and from the place.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sorry, I dont mean getting it and driving it. I meant hiring them to drive us up and down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Ok . id say go for rapid express, although I think the smallest they have fits 15/20 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

If it's the weekend festival I think you are on about, i'm almost certain there will be a big bus going up to it from Tramore! Just get in contact with the guy who is organising it and you shoud be sorted!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Minto wrote:
    If it's the weekend festival I think you are on about, i'm almost certain there will be a big bus going up to it from Tramore! Just get in contact with the guy who is organising it and you shoud be sorted!

There is likely to be a few with people I dont know. Kev OHanlon isnt organizing any this year from Tramore as he usual would (so im told anyway) but some of the local chipper crowd are and got in touch and offered us some seats so we are sorted - about 32euro a head.

I rang around nearly everyone in Golden Pages - cheapest for a 12 seater was from "Whites" at €400. Others for the same were asking for nearly €600! Managed to get one person from 500 down to nearly 400 but she wouldnt go any lower so I just left it.

I read about Rapid but they didnt seem to do any small buses. Doubt Bus Eireann would either.

Now to get a big tent. ;D

Thanks for all your help anyway lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement