Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how can you stop unsolicited faxes?

Options
  • 10-03-2007 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

just wondering they are becoming a right pain

80% of faxes i recieve now are spam

i have asked companies to remove me but this isnt working

i remember reading a while back there was an offical way to stop these

can anyone point me in right direction?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Here is a good place to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

We're at that stage too, duleekboy. We just turn off our fax machine, and turn it on when needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭duleekboy

have sent them email requesting number to be removed from national database

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

change from using a fax machine to a software fax server that sends your incoming faxes to email. Then you can anti-spam it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Not quite - as all faxes are images as far as the computer is concerned. Would make a paper and ink saving though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 g00se

i have spent some time on this lately due to the amount of paper and toner being wasted by these guys.....

first thing to do is contact eircom or your telephone provider and inform them that you do not want any further direct marketing calls or faxes

it takes about six weeks for the request to be issued to the relevant companies - i dont know why so long

an business or individual who does not want to receive such calls or faxes should not then be contacted

you probably will continue to receive some faxes but if you threaten to report the companies to Comreg this usually helps. they may also reveal what company they are using to broadcast the fax campaign

this crew for one are usually culpable:

http://www.prismfax.ie

Advertisement