Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Flight Blade CP

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

I couldn't find much on the net for the Logo. No spares on ebay.
    Lots of spares for the t-rex on ebay.

If I was to get a trex, would it be suitable for a beginner. As was mentioned earlier, the throttlr/pitch curve could be set the same across the range. So essentially it would be a fixed pitch heli, until I was competent with that.
    Does that make sense, or am I talking rubbish????;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

1 Hmmm ... spares on ebay ..... that could mean China or Dublin City Centre Say it quickly enough not much difference, but HUGE difference when you want a bit TODAY to fly when you get home.

2 I wasn't suggesting either the Logo or Trex 600 for learning on. I already said they are too complicated for beginners, I was answering Syl77 suggesting he make a comparison.

3 Not using the collective on a collective heli is a bit like disabling the steering wheel in a car ..... you sure could do it, but why? :eek:

4 Maybe you should ask what is the cheapest price for someone on ebay to fly over to Ireland, tell you why your nice new heli repeatedly crashes after 3 seconds flying, give you free rotor blades to replace the ones already trashed by you, and then set it up correctly for you. :p
    Now add that price to the cheapest ebay heli price you are already researching.
    My simple point being: Have you got someone to SHOW YOU HOW to get a a CP heli to work correctly yet? :)

I see there's over thirty posts on this. This is my last.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

I am sure the logo is a nice pice of kit, The new flybar version is nice and I did see it fly a demo at last years 3D masters...Impressive
    Im just more in favour of the 600, its a more popular heli in the 3d world with top pilots flying them for fun and a few entered in this years masters.
    Not using the collective on a collective heli is a bit like disabling the steering wheel in a car ..... you sure could do it, but why?

Not a far comparison, diabling a cars steering wheel, how do you steer?
    Setting a fixed pitch accross the collective range on a CP heli (think you need +5 to take off), wouldnt it act like a non collective heli....??? i have never done it so I stand corrected but wouldnt the therory be right.

Cmar, if your going CP, its hard to do it alone, setting the collective the same accross the range means it may fly like a FP but your still learning how to setup a CP. If your going CP and have no help, then I recommend a good LHS.

As I've already said, I live close to the Curragh and the Newbridge and District Flyers are there every weekend. They are a friendly bunch, so I'm sure training is available. Most of the guys there fly fixed wing, but there is a few helis.
    Regarding spares, It's easier for me to get them off the net than try to get up to Dublin.
    There may be a lot of posts here, but I still don't know what to get. From what I gather, a 400 size is good for outdoor, but too complicated for a beginner. The smaller electrics are too twichy and no good outside.

So please, what should I get??

And just to reiterate, I am not interested in aerobatic heli flying. I much prefer scale type manoeuvres.

I would like to think that if I can get the hang of it, I could eventually get a nice large heli with a scale body on it.

(long way down the road) !!!

• Advertisement

syl77 wrote:
    I am sure the logo is a nice pice of kit, The new flybar version is nice and I did see it fly a demo at last years 3D masters...Impressive
    Im just more in favour of the 600, its a more popular heli in the 3d world with top pilots flying them for fun and a few entered in this years masters.
    No big opinion on this. But if you put them side by side, you can see a difference across the board in the quality of the parts, the rigidity of the chassis, the care that went into making them.
    You would never get it from a catalogue, or a description, or a specification sheet.
    On the Logo for example the chassis is carbon, so is the TRex 600, but even the standard of the individual carbon sheets that make up the sides and the milling out of them is superior on the Logo vs the Align. The carbon has a better flatter smoother surface, and is more precisely cut. It fits better together, and the chassis is appreciably stiffer. So it goes right down to the individual components having a higher standard.
    Of course the T Rex 600 will fly very well indeed. I'm not suggesting otherwise. Anyone who buys one will be happy with it. However there is nicer out there in similar size.
    On paper they are both super helis. After you make a close up inspection and comparison, the Align fades a bit and the Logo doesn't.
    syl77 wrote:
    Setting a fixed pitch accross the collective range on a CP heli (think you need +5 to take off), wouldnt it act like a non collective heli....??? i have never done it so I stand corrected but wouldnt the therory be right..
    I am not interested even in thinking it out it myself, who would do it? You might as well take a 40 size plane, and fit a 25 engine to fly it! :-) Why not just get a 25 plane if you want to do that?

Will have a closer look at the logo the next time I come accross one....

Cmar, if 200 quid is your budget, go for a fixed ptich that comes with its own tx. A CP version with a tx will cost more, and a good CP version will not come with radio gear so it would have to be bought seperate which will push up the price again.
    A fixed pitch will teach you how to fly... after that you will know if your hooked or not......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

syl77 wrote:
    Will have a closer look at the logo the next time I come accross one....

Cmar, if 200 quid is your budget, go for a fixed ptich that comes with its own tx. A CP version with a tx will cost more, and a good CP version will not come with radio gear so it would have to be bought seperate which will push up the price again.
    A fixed pitch will teach you how to fly... after that you will know if your hooked or not......

Ok... Are we all agreed on this?? can we go to the pub now???:D

Ok... Are we all agreed on this?? can we go to the pub now???

God idea!!! but what would we drink...........:p

How bout this for a drink!

• Advertisement

Very appropriate! :)

I am going to try find a Twister V2 for starters. Hopefully I can get to grips with it, then progress up to something a bit bigger.

I am going to try find a Twister V2 for starters. Hopefully I can get to grips with it, then progress up to something a bit bigger.
    Good man... you should be able to get one for less than 100 sterling

The Doktor wrote:
    Good man... you should be able to get one for less than 100 sterling

That would be for a package kit. Tx etc.. included?

That would be for a package kit. Tx etc.. included?
    Yep...
    http://www.jperkinsdistribution.co.uk/detail.php?JPNO=6600010&activepage=1&Navmain=Helicopters&subcatname=Kits%20-%20Twister

Im sure if you look around you might save a tenner :D

Anywhere in Ireland selling them at a good price?

I know Green Hobby & Model in Dublin have Twisters in the Feb-Mar monthly special list at €15 off but I don't know what that is ... should be abt E 150-ish for V2s ... or if any are in stock so you would have to ring.
    That sale list is good for another week (changes last week of month) before it gets changed/updated. (I have the next month list here but cannot divulge as it's provisional/subject to change still )

Hi all,

I am reading up as much as I can find about the Twister V2, and hope to have one soon.
    I found this page while browsing around and was wondering what you accomplished heli flyers thought about it.
    It is a method to learn to fly that is supposed to make it a *little* easier.
    Anyway, have a read and see what you think...

http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

It's based on an a different heli that the twister, but is adaptable for all FP's

Ciaran

Im gonna read that later.. but one bit of advice I will give is take your time, and when you think you got the hang of doing somthing, turn off the heli, and take a break.
    In the last few days, I got my zoom out. Its been a long time with movin house.. twice.. and all sorts of stuff. But I had a great time, and when I was at the point of "ah it all comes back very fast".. I crashed :D
    Not a bad one, just bent the spindle shaft which costs about 2quid. Also discovered again why support is so useful. The spindle was out of stock everywhere I tried. But it seems protech (who make the zoom) have a new forum on their website.. within a couple of hours I had an answer that I could use a different spindle shaft from a different model which i can get my hands on without a problem.
    Not that it was a problem, as I have a spare one.. but I can be sure that I will need one soon!!!
    Only thing is that Protech have a new Zoom 450 Pro out.. mmmmmmmm

yep, read Radds notes when I started off, pretty helpfull. Half the battle is making sure the heli is setup correct, make sure linages are correct and also heli balanced correctly.
    I remember when I was starting off I got flybar weights to place on the end of the flybar (just before the paddles). They help to stablise the heli when learning, not sure if the twister has them, so if you PM me with ur address I can find them and post my old ones to you (wont be using them again).
    Also remember fround effect.. the heli is always going to be a little unstable when taking off until it gets about a foot of the ground. This is due to the backwash of main blades rebounding of the ground and hitting the main blades again. All this will be explained in radd notes.
    Best of luck...

• Advertisement
Advertisement