Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Just digging Sepultura

• 10-03-2007 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

There's a lot of ****e about getting Max back which I just don't understand. If you don't think this rocks like ****, you don't have a pulse :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N61rimC4Yvc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

You honestly think it's up there with Schizophrenia/BTR/Arise though?

I can't see that getting Max back is going to make much difference either, in spite of the way some people are reacting to the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

neGev wrote:
    I can't see that getting Max back is going to make much difference either, in spite of the way some people are reacting to the idea.

Have to agree there. After that Soulfy muck, I can't see how anyone thinks he'd make a positive impact on the band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Max returning isn't going to bring back anything magical. I saw them touring Beneath The Remains and, yeah it was deadly, but those days are gone, everybody needs to move on. I think the current Sepultura lineup is one of the finest metal bands out there, the tragedy is so many people are so fixated on a band that broke up 10 years ago they ignore serious quality modern Metal for the most petty of reasons (what might have been) and turn their nose up at what is :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

man, gotta love the sep. Was listening to BTR yesterday. Timeless stuff.

Althogh this was entertaining too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgTFFP2wSGE&mode=related&search=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

Doctor J wrote:
    I saw them touring Beneath The Remains and, yeah it was deadly

Jammy fecker! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

Yes yes man, brilliant band. Shamefully I havnt really checked out any of the post-Max stuff, although I prefer "Chaos AD" and "Roots" to their earlier thrashier material, more of a groove to it, but different strokes for different folks, love Soulfly aswell, Max Cavalera is truly a metal genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Get Dante XXI. Seriously, it's ****in fantastic :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Derrick has done a fantastic job filling max's boots since he left. Dante is amazing and while most people don't I absolutely love Roorback! Wish they;d decided to come here on the current tour.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I cant see them churning good material roots and pre-roots quality. :(

Heres a clip of recent auditions for the Seps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Those kids are class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,837 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

i have been a huge sep fan for years now, but im not too sure if i would be all for it if they release another album without iggor,his style gave them an edge over most of this crap that bands are releasing these days but now that he is off trying to DJ im not too sure

I saw a video of those kids doing Hammer Smashed Face by Cannibal Corpse a while back. Classic stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Desecrator666

I'm not really into their newer stuff. The production i always feel is a bit of a letdown, too clean for my liking. I have no problem with Derrick Green singing but i just think they need to inject something back into their production.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YGwmPC8OYI - video from Sep's latest album - bit graphic, so NSFW - but man, have to say quite impressed with this song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,837 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

One thing is for sure, they make soulfly look like westlife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Feck Metallica, Nailbomb FTW!:p
    Anyway, yeah Schizofhrenia and Beneath the remains are better than all that tripe out now.

thanks for bumping this thread.

Just played Beneath The Remains again. OMFG it just gets better and better and some of the live videos on youtube are raw!

Advertisement