Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Inactive" Menu

Options
  • 10-03-2007 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Say an "Inactive" menu today, but I can't access it. Just wondering: what is it, and how can I access it? I can see it on the main page, but I can't see it when I log in, and I also am unable to see it on www.boards.ie/vbulletin/index.php

Just wonering: is it meant to be there, and if so, is it for special suscribed people, or what?

Oh, and I can't give a link to it, as I can't copy&paste from my work PC. Its an old Dell, and its been on 30 days straight, so I think thats something to do with it :/
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Oh yeah... Well, I assume it's for fora that are inactive? It's only got the Baldoyle fora in it, which I can't get in to. I can see it now between "Hosted" and "Music" on the DHTML menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Perhaps it was meant to be hidden with the forum rejigging earlier. There are alot more inactive forums than that one displayed.

edit: it's gone now..or was gone. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Still there for me, R.

I wonder what it does?

/me muses.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Faith wrote:
    Oh yeah... Well, I assume it's for fora that are inactive? It's only got the Baldoyle fora in it, which I can't get in to. I can see it now between "Hosted" and "Music" on the DHTML menu.
    Why do you call them fora?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Why do you call them fora?
    It is the older latin word. Both can be used.

edit:
    Ruu, the Inactive link is still in the menu when logged out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Ruu wrote:
    Perhaps it was meant to be hidden with the forum rejigging earlier. There are alot more inactive forums than that one displayed.

edit: it's gone now..or was gone. :)

Aye. Makes some good reading :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Inactive now removed from forum menu.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Vexorg wrote:
    Inactive now removed from forum menu.

I can still see it...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Faith wrote:

Well Baldoyle only has one thread active and that's the "First Post" thread which now mainly consists of "Why did this forum get the go-ahead?" queries.

Maybe if there hasn't been a post in a set number of days the system places fora on an "inactive" list that only the Admins are supposed to see. Almost like a 'notification' of poorly performing fora?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

That's what I was wondering myself.

Faith, you probably need to clear your cache?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

I think the reason why the inactive forum is appearing is that the two forums showing were not set to inactive when I moved them over. I changed this earlier todaya nd regenerated the menus and the menu no longer displayed the "inactive" forum category.

Its does now. It will probably reset when the various batch jobs run tonight.

I hope:)

Advertisement