Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avid Xpress DV wont burn to DVD

• 10-03-2007 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

I have a Demo version of Avid Xpress DV ver 3.5 this was installed on my PC 3 years ago and I never had had cause to use it.
    I was Recently asked to do a small video as a favour for a friend, and everything loaded in fine and I cut it together then when I went to burn my edit to DVD by clicking on create DVD in the file menu up popped a little window to tell me “Process Failed Check the console for further details. When I checked the console it said
    (Could not initialize Authorscript) :eek:

Anybody know what the reason for this is and most importantly how I can fix it.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

paddynead wrote:
    I have a Demo version of Avid Xpress DV ver 3.5 this was installed on my PC 3 years ago and I never had had cause to use it.
    I was Recently asked to do a small video as a favour for a friend, and everything loaded in fine and I cut it together then when I went to burn my edit to DVD by clicking on create DVD in the file menu up popped a little window to tell me “Process Failed Check the console for further details. When I checked the console it said
    (Could not initialize Authorscript) :eek:

Anybody know what the reason for this is and most importantly how I can fix it.
    Thanks

http://www.videoguys.com/XDV_FAQ.html#5.8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

I think the main point to remember is that Avid Xpress DV is an unsupported, poorly programmed lump of sizzling turd.

My ma bought version 3.5 a few years back for something like €2000, and ran into different problems almost constantly. And it was never able to burn to DVD - had this exact problem. None of the 'standard' solutions worked, and exporting it in some other format was the closest we came to burning it to DVD... but the quality on the exports was too poor to be usable. In the end, we split it up into 1-hour segments on DV tapes and played them into our home DVD recorder which was able to assemble them onto one DVD.

Tacky, but this is what happens when you use bad software.

you're better off exporting your video as a quicktime reference file and then use something like tmpgenc/cce/cleaner/mainconcept to convert the qt file into a mpeg2 file for dvd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭extopia

Could the problem be something to do with the fact that the software is a "Demo version of Avid Xpress DV"? I don't recall seeing demo versions of this application but could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 paddynead

Hi all thanks for all the advice, I haven’t got back in so long as I had a family crisis.

decob I checked out that web site and it had the answer for me, which was a simple as moving some DLL files in the Avid xpress DV folder to the desk top.
    This worked great thanks for that.

But now I have a new problem and that is when I use create DVD and burn the DVD, when I play it on a DVD player the picture looks fine but there is no sound (a song loaded from cd is there but no audio from my original DV’s) I have searched the web and it seems I need some Sorenson Squeeze Compression Suite, anybody know if there is a work around as this software cost €400, I am confused as the picture is fine and Audio from a cd is fine. I need to screen this at a charity thing on Saturday??

• Advertisement

paddynead wrote:
    Hi all thanks for all the advice, I haven’t got back in so long as I had a family crisis.

decob I checked out that web site and it had the answer for me, which was a simple as moving some DLL files in the Avid xpress DV folder to the desk top.
    This worked great thanks for that.

But now I have a new problem and that is when I use create DVD and burn the DVD, when I play it on a DVD player the picture looks fine but there is no sound (a song loaded from cd is there but no audio from my original DV’s) I have searched the web and it seems I need some Sorenson Squeeze Compression Suite, anybody know if there is a work around as this software cost €400, I am confused as the picture is fine and Audio from a cd is fine. I need to screen this at a charity thing on Saturday??

i take then that you have more than than 2 audio layers in your timeline. I'm not 100% on how it's done on avid xpress, but there should be some option in one of the audio setting to mixdown all audio channels to 2channels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 paddynead

Thanks for the reply decob,
    Yesterday I changed some out put settings like using mark in and out points. this worked when I played the DVD back on my pc I could hear it fine with the mix and all, but when I tried it on my DVD player I could hardley hear the dialogue??? this will have to do for the moment I will bring a lap top and project out of it for Saturday night.

using the audio mixer, you can increase the volume of the dialogue. It will show the different audio channels so you can increase or decrease the volume accordingly..

Advertisement