Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casting Powder ......

Options
  • 10-03-2007 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭

I remember many years ago using a casting powder much like Plaster of Paris to make plaster mouldings (project is typically a foot or so square and 3" thick) ..... it was low cost ..... available in something like 25kg bags ..... went solid in 1/2 an hour or less ....

I've been asking around (local builders merchants) but failed to find anything like it ...... any idea if it still exits and what it might be called .... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

You'll get plaster of paris from and art supply shop. It's not expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

is it for art or construction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Mellor wrote:
    is it for art or construction

It's an Art project ......

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

buy it in a hardware store if you can it's lots cheaper than buying it in an art shop in my experience.

Heiton buckley hardware stores have it and its called moulding plaster. Gorgeous stuff to work with for arty projects..

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭foamcutter

Gypsum also do a range of casting plasters. Casting plaster info
    It also customer services contact number listed, l got through our local builders supply though it had to be ordered in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

That's great info ......

Thanks a million guys ..... :)

Advertisement