Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats the furtherist you have driven in Ireland in a day?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Worst I done was:

Dublin-Waterford-Tipperary-Dublin-Longford.
    Left @ 8 in the morning and didn't finish until 10 that night!! I was wrecked from it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Drove Lough Neagh to Derry and then Derry to Belfast to Dublin to Cork one day after a triathlon. I was seriosuly stiff by the time I got home!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Drove Lough Neagh to Derry and then Derry to Belfast to Dublin to Cork one day after a triathlon. I was seriosuly stiff by the time I got home!

where you doing a road trip to strip clubs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Cork -> Donegal is the longest I've done. I mentioned it to one of the lads from Tramore and he said they've often left Tramore at 3 in the morning (picking the lads up at the chipper after the nite club!) driven to Bundoran, surfed for the day and driven back that evening.

A day trip from Tramore to Bundoran and back again is a fair old whack of driving!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭afatbollix

westport in mayo to glassgo.. left westport at 1am got to belfast 6am, then to glasgoo... stayed the night and then drove back....... in 48 hours i think i was driving 30 or so hours....
    ive done 1200 mile one weekend also... (bloody rallying ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Moving house a few years back Derry to Carrickmacross, Alternator went in the VW Scirroco. Stayed the night in a hotel with a Disco underneath = No sleep.
    Next day swapped battery with the transit down to Kenmare via Dublin, unload Transit leave Scirroco, over to Bantry for a cup of tea and back to Derry via Armagh(mate had to play a gig that night).
    Total distance 1044.19km
    Stupidity, really I wasn't so much tired as just exhausted, I had sore eyes the next day and felt like ****.
    I will never do that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I did Dublin city to Coleraine, to Derry, to Bundoran, to Sligo, to Galway and back to Dublin in one day, 807km's and the previous day I had driven from Cambridge to Dublin in a 37 year old Merc !

Last week I did Dublin, Derry, Coleraine and back to Dublin in a 39 year old Merc !

No problems, could have turned around and driven another few hours but the key is to be under zero time obligations, that way there is no stress from traffic and have plenty of drinks and snacks and calming music. I also stop religiously every 2 1/2-3 hours, get out and breath some fresh air, and I dont drive in the dark !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

as a passenger(uncle doing all the driving) i have done

fri - Dublin to Grays, Essex 594km
    sat - Grays to Stuttgart 864km
    sun - Stuttgart to Klagenfurt, Austria 576km

EDIT distances according to RAC route planner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Don't know the distance but Swords-Horse & Jockey-Belfast-Coagh-Swords, looking at cars. Knackering, confusing...:(

Advertisement