Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommedations for a good usb2 memory key? 2,4,8,16Gb!

Options
  • 10-03-2007 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

I am hearing a lot about Corsair's flash memory key ranges and I am getting impressed by their growing sizes and speed. I am looking at a 8Gb or 16Gb version. The 8Gb version is pretty cheap at €102. I basically need a key that I can plug in and go without installing drivers like so many mp3 players need.

The other thing is the speed. I notice quite a difference in writing/reading speeds between the sizes. ie, 16Gb version is slower than the 8Gb version. Has anyone got one of the larger sizes or a different company?

I have a 1Gb key - but so many times I have a 1.3Gb file or a DVD I want to drag around and I really like the idea of a usb key for the job and 8Gb sounds sweet.

I also notice they are advertising "ready boost" - Vista's support for using key memory. Tom's Hardware site wasn't too hot on it - but nice to have but adds another €14 to the 8Gb version for example.

If you have one - are these reliable for you and fast?

Corsair Flash Voyager 16GB USB2.0, 7/22MB sec writing and reading speed
    € 175.00
    Corsair Flash Voyager 8GB USB2.0, 16/33MB sec writing and reading speed
    € 102.00
    Corsair Flash Voyager GT, 2GB USB2.0, 21/34MB sec w/r speed, ReadyBoost, SLC

Corsair Flash Voyager GT, 4GB USB2.0, 25/34MB sec w/r speed, ReadyBoost, SLC € 60.00

Corsair Flash Voyager GT, 8GB USB2.0, 27/34MB sec w/r speed, ReadyBoost, SLC € 116.99

Advertisement