Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8800 gts overlock.

• 10-03-2007 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

overclocked my EVGA GeForce 8800 GTS KO ACS3 SILENT 640MB today and i got :
    untitleddflj7.png

found this good from a look around.but i was wondering if i could overclock the shader anybit,is it possible?also can u up the volts on nivida cards or is it all in the hardware/software.

my temps are great also dont break 65c on full load :D

here is my 3dmark score.
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=1419160

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Hendrix89

awhir wrote:
    was wondering if i could overclock the shader anybit,is it possible?
    Thats why i'm getting the BFG factory OC'd version. Has 1300 or 1350 shader clock I think. Not sure it's possible to access the shader clock easily...

Nice score by the way! How well does the 8800GTS perform in todays demanding games? Will be getting one soon so it would be good to know. First hand do you think it could keep up with Crysis in full glory at 12x10 res?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

duno but if ur gettin nivda get evga they have a step up program so when u wana get a new card you can trade in ur card and get a new evga card for really cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

akaik you will have to either softmod it with a custom bios, or hardmod it wo allow to overvolt it.

hmm softmod you say .is this done much or is it dodge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Mine arrived yesterday. Can't wait to see what it can do...then clock it back down 'til UT3 arrives. :D

• Advertisement

Awhir thanks for recommending eVGA. I will by ordering the eVGA 8800GTS Superclocked edition on friday! It's shader is clocked to 1350!

i dont think its worth the extra money just get a stock model and overclock.

Well it's only 20 more so may as well go for superclocked. Also it's shader is overclocked so thats a big plus, cause I don't know how to OC the shader clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Heh, what i would like to try with my 8800's ( well it will only work with one of them )

Get a nice big 50w pelt. And a tuniqtower, slap them on the graphics card and overclock the ****e out of it.

Ah here is to dreaming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Anti wrote:
    Heh, what i would like to try with my 8800's ( well it will only work with one of them )

Get a nice big 50w pelt. And a tuniqtower, slap them on the graphics card and overclock the ****e out of it.

lmao!

• Advertisement
Advertisement