Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor MMS & GRPS problems

• 10-03-2007 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I got a W810i on bill from Meteor and tried and failed to get the MMS and wap sorted on it.

I first sent the settings from SE website, didnt work, Rang Meteor x 3 , sent me the same settings each time , Time 4 there "Tech Dept" were meant to send me "special settings", nothing came though, Time 5 i was advised to go to a store.

Went into a store, deleted the settings and sent them again and advised to change the port, The port was the one they advised me to change to , went abck to store, they advised then to use the SE software to make sure the firmware was the latest version, i tried this, it was the latest but i flashed it anyways, same result,

Anyone got any ideas before they send it away for the maic 10 days? anyone experienced similiar?

Over the signal meter there is an E for edge showing but no GPRS signal like my o2 K800i

any advise appreciated

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Edge is high speed GPRS.

Those Meteor W810i's come with UK settings. What I would do, is delete every internet setting from the phone. Go to Settings -> Connectivity -> Internet. Now inside one of those settings, go to edit and there will be a few more settings (believe it's Internet Profiles). Delete everything there too. Delete all the picture message settings from Messages too.

Now go to www.sonyericsson.com and get the settings from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

tried that mate, deleted everything from every possible menu, no avail :(

The W810i you got, was that a Bill Pay upgrade or a new connection (be it from Prepay to Postpay, Other Network to Meteor or New number)? If it was a upgrade, you may need a replacement sim card.

billpay, new connection, new number

Hmm, then it's unlikely to be a sim card error. Only things I can think of are what you've already done.

Two other things I can recommend.

Try getting a sim swap at whatever Meteor store you went to.
    Try getting them to ring IT and get them to disable all your MMS/GPRS provisions, kick you off the network and load them all back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

meteor sends the wrong settings for the w810 from their site. iirc, the port is 9201 and should be 8799 and the username and password aren't there and should be my and wap. other than that they're right afaik. i had to change the settings on my gf's one manually and i think thats all i did. give it a shot anyway and check out the sticky at the top of the forum which has the settings

That's why I recommended the Sony site. Never had an issue for any network with settings from there.

thanks folks,

i went back in store and they swapped out the phone,

i deleted all the accounts, sent from the SE website and same problem,

I will try and configure manually, other then that i think the problem must be with my account itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Smithers wrote:
    thanks folks,

i went back in store and they swapped out the phone,

i deleted all the accounts, sent from the SE website and same problem,

I will try and configure manually, other then that i think the problem must be with my account itself
    did you check the port and was it the incorrect 9201? put someone else's sim in the phone and see if the web works. that'll tell you if the problem is with your account. make sure the other person's sim can use gprs in his/her own phone of course

yeah the port was correct mate,

will wait til tomorrow til til i get someone else in work to try it with their meteor phone, i did suggest that in the shop and was shot down!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 marcwhit

Hi Smithers,

I have the exact same problem on mine. The only manual configuration that works for me is WAP 2.0. I can connect tot he internet but I still cannot get MMS to work and I cannot even receive text messages (downloaded settings) from either the SE site or the Meteor site???

Also - GMAIL for mobile won't work which is a PAIN!!

I upgraded my phone from the W800i to the W810i and didn't anticipate these problems. You would think it would be easier. If you manage to get MMS and GPRS working will you post it here pleeeeeeeease?

If anyone else with Meteor is using the GMAIL app for mobile (www.gmail.com/app) can the please let me know how they did it?

Thanks

Soar

Hi There,

After about 11 phone calls, having my phone replaced and my sim card replaced they finally realised that my account was missing the check marks in my account, these were put in and it worked perfectly. Got E75 credited to my accnt also to say sorry for the stuff up!

Advertisement