Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Irish bowling alleys sell bowling equipment?

• 10-03-2007 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭

What bowling alleys in Ireland actually sell bowling equipment?

The reason I ask is because I know that the bowling alley in Clonmel is simply a place for recreational bowling only. No leagues, competitions or equipment for sale.

Is your local the same? Superdome in Dublin used to be brilliant for equipment sales although I don't know what the situation is at the moment. Does your local centre sell bowling balls, bags, shoes, gloves etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a bloke in palmerstown bowling alley who sells equipment, i have his number somewhere if you want it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Cheers admiral, I'm just wondering what bowling alleys actually cater for the serious bowler these days as so many of them (in Ireland and the UK) seem to be geared solely towards recreation rather than even pretending to have an interest in the sporting aspect :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i dont know of any that actually sell equipment, the bray bowl pro shop closed years ago, palmerstown itself doesnt sell the gear, the bloke selling the gear is just based there, sorry i cant be of more help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

I just took my ball out of storage... and it is cracked!!! not a little crack either... a HUGE thang!!

I'm going to go up to ALSAA (near dublin airport) next month when i have money to get a new ball! So back on topic - i'll be able to say what kind of service is available there!

Yep, it looks like my suspicions are right, even the places that used to sell equipment are no longer doing so.

So has anyone tried buying anything online? I imagine the post and packaging for a 14 pound ball would be quite expensive from the US to Ireland :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 glen290

Theres always www.petesproshop.co.uk
    They are based in peterborough, and have reasonable prices and shipping rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Try Del Delaney in Alsaa Bowl. One of the good guys. He's been around bowling scene in UK and Ireland for years. He runs the Pro Shop in Alsaa.

I found this website that lists pro-shops in Dublin...

Superdome, ALSAA, Stillorgan and Tallaght seem to be the only places in Dublin anyway that sell equipment.

What about the rest of the country? Anyone know anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭5pin5

barry brown in stillorgan is top class worth a call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 WildFox

Barry is hard to get hold of these days as he is only there 1 day a week now so i would suggest going to del in alsaa as he is around more often.

• Advertisement
Advertisement