Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sort of crowds go to bars/clubs on these streets.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Dawson Street
    Camden Street
    Georges Street

I ask after reading this article:

http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/2006/11/29/heres-to-a-place-where-the-classes-really-do-mix

I'm planning on going out on Camden Street for the first time soon and was wondering what sort of crowd to expect there?

Dawson Street: I don't know, are there many bars there apart from Café en Seine? Always assumed it would be a bit pretentious but never been so could be very wrong but just have a feeling I wouldn't like it.

Camden Street: Lots of places to go, bit studenty, good laugh, some good spots if you're into your music. Worse places to be in Dublin

George's Street: Well there are two gay bars and Hogan's that I can think of, not really my scene but not bad spots either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

camden street is getting really trendy, dawson street is full of tossers who dont mind paying crazy money for drink because they think it makes them look cool and georges street is for the city type person & gay people . thats my opinion

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Collie D wrote:
    Dawson Street: I don't know, are there many bars there apart from Café en Seine? Always assumed it would be a bit pretentious but never been so could be very wrong but just have a feeling I wouldn't like it.

Camden Street: Lots of places to go, bit studenty, good laugh, some good spots if you're into your music. Worse places to be in Dublin

George's Street: Well there are two gay bars and Hogan's that I can think of, not really my scene but not bad spots either

georges street also has capital, the long hall and the globe.
    while camden street has whelans/solas/cassidays/devitts/flannerys etc all slightly different

It is impossible to categorise any of these streets by 'type of person' maybe you could do it by which place they go to on the streets but that is about it.
    Although Dawson street would be the easiest to stereotype, but the Duke and Keohoes are just off Dawson..

Anyone living in Dublin for a while has probably been out and about on all these streets hundreds of times..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Dawson Street
    Camden Street
    Georges Street

Dawson St. Very snotty, hard to understand the put on D4 accent's.

Camden St. Where all out country boyo's & lassies go, great craic.

Georges St. Mixture of everything. I like Georges St. Just seconds away from Templebar, yet a world removed. The Evening Herald recently called it, and the surrounding streets "Dublins gay quarter", I'm not sure its that yet but it's heading in that direction I guess. Like Camden St. great craic.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

dawson - samsara, cafe en seine, nice places, bit pricey
    camden - palace, whelans, village, all excellent clubs/pubs, well worth a visit
    georges - nice also, bit on the camp side, but solas is there i think and capitol, so their is a bit for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Camden street has a good mixture - GAA heads/nurses/cops in Flannerys, student types in Corner Stone and The Palace/Camden de Luxe, arts and media people in village and solas, wish they were still students and looking for some decent music on a Friday and Saturday crowd in Anseo, mixture of everybody in Flannerys, locals having a singsong in Ryans, quiet one in Devitts. I love this area of town and drink in all of the above pubs expect the student ones cos I'm too old:)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Dawson Street is 'trendy'. Cafe Insane, Ron Blacks, Sam Sara, Dawson Lounge (which now looks like Ron Blacks, only in extreme miniature). The Dawson Lounge is fun to go to once in a while. Ron Blacks is nice for a quiet drink after work, but I wouldn't be a fan of going there for a night out - though the times I have been there it hasn't been bad, as it isn't generally too crowded. Sam Sara as I recall is usually far too busy and Cafe Insane usually sucks, though that's probably 'cos I'm usually stuck there with work crowd.

They (apart from the Dawson Lounge) are a bit overly fancy alright but I think some people are letting their insecurities/complexes show a bit!

Don't go to Camden Street or Georges Street very often, but the few times I can recall, the places around there always seem to be heaving - Not my cup of tea.

Advertisement