Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Buying a Car

Options
  • 10-03-2007 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I am looking for advice. I want to buy a car with ESP and am trading in a Megane 1.4 Base Model 2003. I want to get a decent price for my car around €10,000. I amnt too concerned if the car I get is new or used. Although because I need ESP it limits my choice. I can spend the next few weeks visiting garages and seeing what they have etc. But if there is advice from people more in the know than me (that wouldnt be hard) to shorten my journey that would be brilliant.

Yes I have looked at all the websites CBG, Carzone, RTE etc.-anyhow over to you for advice!

Feachan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Sure just get the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

In fairness you really only need ESP or the likes if its a performance car with a lot of power particularly if its a fwd car. A traction control system is more than enough for a car with limited power. Why do you feel you need ESP?
    Also, you havent mentioned what type of car you want and what your budget is, that would be a good place to start, ie saloon or hatchback, engine size and max budget etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

email ten of the dealers whose names you recognise with the same question.
    you might get 10 grand on a trade in for a car on sale for 20 grand, depends on the mileage.
    they will ask you what kind of car you want.
    i would ask if you mean elec stab programme or extra sensory perception and then try to sell you a micra.

you know you can sell on these online sites as a private customer for about 30 quid. on most of them anyhow.

it won't take long, send the same email, more details the better, to 20 big dealers.
    good luck, d.

Advertisement