Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking 4 camera... suggestions?

Options
  • 11-03-2007 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Im looking to buy a digital camera for holidays this summer, im sick and tired of my phone camera!!!

Im lookin for a basic 3 or 4 megapixel, cheap and most importantly SMALL one!

I aint no professional photographer, I just want one that'll fit in my pocket without too much discomfort... :D

I hear Canon are good for the small cameras but any suggestions on models or other brands that would do the job for me would be greatly appreciated... thanks

DM

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Try ALDI next Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

not 2 bad at all... although i would kinda prefer to go wit a well known brand... I never bought any digital stuff from aldi b4...

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭Tonio

I am thinking of changing my phone to a SE K800i or an N73. Both have 3.2mp camera with flash. I would prefer the convenience of having to only carry one device i.e. a phone but this may not suit someone who requires a better quality stand alone camera. Personally I would tend to use the camera on a phone alot more than having the hassle of carring a camera too. Just an idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

Casio cameras are usually very good and relatively reasonable to buy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

http://www.aldi.co.uk/special_buys/s...pid_50094.html

not 2 bad at all... although i would kinda prefer to go wit a well known brand... I never bought any digital stuff from aldi b4...

That Traveler camera is actually a fantastic little camera that takes a lovely photograph. A relative of mine bought it and it is a really good buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Checkout http://www.boards.ie./vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055036861 in the photo forum, or dpreview.com which allows you to select your budget and compare cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,285 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

theres loads of choice of (ultra) compact digital cameras

In my experience, the best picture quality is from the canons (low noise/great colours), if your happy with 2-4mp you could look at getting an older model. something like the ixus s400 was a great camera (bit fatter than newer canons though), the pentax s4(i) or other pentax in that range are very small, i still use my s4, the dimage xt & the sony t5 always looked good to me too

personally i'd would stay away from the budget brands, aldi/lidl cameras

i have the k800i, it's great, but picture quality from the above 2 year old canon/pentax are still a good deal better, plus you have a 3x optical zoom

if i was buying a compact camera today, i'd be looking at the kodak v610, almost bought one a month ago

went for a bigger camera, panasonic fz7 which i managed to find on ebay for like e240 with 2gb memory card

if you check the photography forum, you'll also see some recommended cameras for all price ranges in the sticky

Advertisement