Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I the only one who hates the new travel forum layout and subforums?

• 11-03-2007 2:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭

I never saw the thread requesting this madness. It really is very messy and unecessary. Anyone else with me on this?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Its a bit confusing I will agree.

See the idea though...we will get used to it I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Absolut

It seems like it'd be a bit more "streamlined" if the reviews forum was a subforum of Travel & Holidays, with all general travel questions being posted in the Travel & Holidays forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This should be in Feedback, so moving it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Makes no sense to me either. Who asked for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Seems bit dodgy alright.

Im more pissed off that you cant do a decent search through the travel topics and end up posting similar stuff that was posted only a month before and people dont bother replying to the recent post because they said it all a month earlier and dont bother replying, meaning the forum is less useful/helpful to folk because of THE ULTRA CRAP SEARCH FEATURE. :mad: :mad: :mad: :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Looks very annoying, good job, i dont use it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I've been away for a few days. Please change this monster back into the very helpful forum it has always been. The reviews thing is nonsense. Can we do a poll in the travel/holidays forum or something?

Seriously, I just had a quick scan through the thread in forums rejected/approved and the only supporters that I have ever seen post in travel/holidays are Ruu, BuffyBot and maybe rb_ie. This is a bad case of unecessary new subforumitis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Leave as is, there are already 3 posts in travel/holidays since midnight...one from you breadmonkey :p

There were lots of posts there yesterday as well. Looks like it's developing nicely...just my 2c :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,902 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Could let me know what is annoying, messing and unnecessary about it?

There are two forums under travel

One for general travel and holiday questions.

the other for

Reports and reviews of holidays you have been on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Vexorg wrote:
    Could let me know what is annoying, messing and unnecessary about it?

There are two forums under travel

One for general travel and holiday questions.

the other for

Reports and reviews of holidays you have been on.
    And we need both why? What exactly wasn't functioning before the subforum was created? Why is there any need to put "reviews" in another forum? Who was unhappy with the way things were?

Basically we now have two forums that people have to search instead of one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

And we need both why? What exactly wasn't functioning before the subforum was created? Why is there any need to put "reviews" in another forum?
    Imagine I'm a poster with a question about travel in general. I want to be able to search that forum without having to dig through lots of useless reports cluttering up the forum.

Now imagine I'm thinking of going to Italy and want to find out about how expensive Rome is, I don't want to have to wade through a load of useless threads on visas and vaccinations, I want the travel reports and reviews :)
    Who was unhappy with the way things were?

I was unhappy with it, I felt it was a bit of a mess tbh and as such rarely visited or posted there. I like it a lot better now. Horses for courses etc. :)

It's far better now than it was, it's a clear and smple divide with not much room for crossover.

Advertisement