Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destination X Preview

• 11-03-2007 3:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Destination X is tonight, possibly on Bravo 2, I don't know, I'll be looking for a stream of it come Monday. Here's a run down of the card.

NWA World Title: Christean Cage (c) V Samoa Joe
    I think Its Joe's time to wear his first major belt. Should be a good match as well

Scott Steiner V Kurt Angle
    What can say that can make you even the slightest bit optimistic that this match will be anything other then a stinker? I haven't steiner wrestle since those awful matches with HHH in 2003 (I think). Here's hoping Kurt can get a better match out of steiner then HHH did

Last Rights Match: Sting V Abyss
    I have know I idea how this match is going to work, so thats worth tuning in for in my book. The storyline has been developed well but Abyss's character has remained stagnant, here's hoping they develop it a little bit

Elevation X Match: AJ Styles V Rhyno
    Sounds to me like a glorified scaffold match and they have a habit of being stinkers, that being said AJ likes to keep things fresh and it will be interesting to see what he'll do with it. Either way a big bump is garenteed

X Devision Championship: Chris Sabin V Jerry Lynn
    These two can and will have a good match as long as sabin dos'nt bring a simmer frame to the ring

Ghetto Street Fight for NWA Tag Team champions: LAX vs. Team 3D
    I'm expecting this one to be bloody, something like the Dudley's match at one night stand 2 years ago. The story line has been quite intense so far and the match has to live up to it

Might be forgetting a few, but they are the main matches on the card. It should produce 2 or 3 good fights

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

The only match I even remotly care about is the NWA world title one. I've read interesting rumors that TNA are leavnig the NWA tonight, so with that in mind, Cage will win if they don't and Joe will win if the do leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

There's too many damned gimmick matches the undercard is littered with them.

Starr vs, Senshi - only way to win is with the crossface chicken wing.

Williams / Gail Kim vs. Storm / Jackie - Double bull rope match.

Lynn vs. Sabin - 2 out of 3 falls. (I don't mind this one to be honest)

Ghetto Brawl, Last Rites, Elevation X, there's just too many. It's meant to be wrestling at the end of the day.

There should be a limit to 3 gimmick matches a PPV max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

There should be a limit to no gimmick matches in fairness.
    Why they won't let Aries and Ki (old school, baby) open the show and have a straight up 12 or so minute match, I'll never know. It would get the crowd going and bring some credibility to TNA instead of ****ing Bob Backlund getting involved and ruining the whole match.
    Lynn and Sabin should be pretty good, and the 2 out of 3 falls gimmick doesn't suck. I reckon Lynn will take this one and it could well steal the show.
    I'd say the Dudleys will win too, LAX have been champs for ages now, which is very un TNA in recent times.
    Elevation X should be interesting, just to see what Styles does this time. I can't see this match concept being as popular as the Ultimate X, they might have one or two more in the future and that will be it.
    Steiner and Joe had a decent match last year so Angle might pull something out of the bag. This one should be suplex city and might surprise a few people.
    Considering Tomko pinned Joe on Impact recently, Joe going over is going to make the champion look pretty weak. God knows what will happen with this NWA TNA split. I guess Joe will win, but it's really bad booking if he does.
    On an interesting note, I read the Great Muta will be in attendance. I wonder what he will get involved in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

7 ****in gimmick matches, and not one have they made me care about. I was a big fan of TNA after Turning Point, but it's brown steamin bull****e they're booking now

I really hope neither AJ nor Rhino end up getting hurt because of this yoke in their match. I've read a couple of interviews with AJ where he's sounded very apprehensive about the thing, and Rhino nearly fell off it during Impact. Their feud started off so promising, and when AJ faked the injury in the Turning Point match it left you wanting more, and you knew they could deliver. But two stupid ****in gimmick matches later and I'm fed up with them. And this match is hardly going to be the great match I was so looking forward to from them both

Jerry Lynn and Sabin should be able to pull off a decent match. Lynn performed best out of everyone on their last ppv I think, and Sabin was showing signs of playing a heel a lot better. But if Lynn wins the title from a roll-up....I will not be happy

I was a big fan of LAX last year, but this year they're getting ruined by gimmick matches, which doesn't give me hope for this one

Vince Russo is ****ing lost when the bell rings, and it's really pissing me off, because TNA could be so good

I'll watch it, but if it's getting crap I'll be fast-forwarding it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

According to the observer site the mystery team is believed to be:
    Romeo Roselli & Antonio Thomas, likely as The Heartbreakers.

7 gimmick matches and now this! You'd have to have a sense of humor when it comes to TNA or you'd go mad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

I thought Destination X was always touted as the "X-Division only" PPV, Tna are fast becoming directionless. The matches have no flow anymore with constant interuptions, Vince Russo has really ****ed things up with gimmick after gimmick, it's stinks of the latter days of WCW which when (or if?) they get 2 hours will spell the end for TNA. I can just about swallow 45 minutes of their crap theyve being producing lately, it started out so promising, heres hoping they sort it sooner then later. As for the matches:

NWA World Title: Christean Cage (c) V Samoa Joe
    Christian should keep the title, theres being 2 many champions since TNA went prime time and a bit of continuity would help. Joe's time will come, maybe the next ppv.

Scott Steiner V Kurt Angle
    I hope Angle can carry steiner in this 1. The roided up "genetic freak" has to be my least favourite wrestler of all time. What happened to the Scott Steiner of old who could hit the Frankensteiner? Angle vs. A pre "Big poppa pump" Steiner wouldve being a great match...

Last Rights Match: Sting V Abyss
    I really cant see anything good coming out of this match. Will go through the motions with Sting trying to convert Abyss to the light. Hope I'm wrong!

Elevation X Match: AJ Styles V Rhyno
    Why theyre putting Rhyno in a match like this is beyond me. They're wasting both wrestlers at the moment. The matches these 2 can produce are top class. Just give them a straight match.

X Devision Championship: Chris Sabin V Jerry Lynn
    "These two can and will have a good match as long as sabin dos'nt bring a simmer frame to the ring" definitely agree

Ghetto Street Fight for NWA Tag Team champions: Time for LAX to lose the straps. They've lost alot of momentum without Konan and Homicide struggles against the bigger guys.

Austin Aries Vs. Low-ki
    Again, on paper this match should be class, but with Bob Backlund running around and the chickenwing stipulation it's not looking promising.

Williams / Gail Kim vs. Storm / Jackie - Double bull rope match
    This is just a vehicle for the Storm V Harris feud and possibly lay down some more ground work for the future women's division. Again Williams and Storm need to get some "normal" matches. Havent seen the Canadian destroyer being hit in a while.

Thats enough rambling for now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

According to the observer site the mystery team is believed to be: Spoiler: Romeo Roselli & Antonio Thomas, likely as The Heartbreakers

I missed these guys run when they were on Smackdown (was it?). Are they any use? (I'm guessing not) I thought the Bashams had being signed up for this. VKM will go over whoever it is...Expect alot of misogyny in this...

Edit: Sorry about giving away anything there...Can some1 tell me how to insert spoiler tags?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I've actually not caught the last two episodes of Impact. That's how much I've been put off by the current product. Watching it these days feels like a chore.

Looking at the card it could produce some good matches but I agree that the amount of gimmick matches is ridiculous and I also think it shows a lack of faith in the wrestlers. Just because Russo can't watch a match that runs more than four minutes doesn't mean the rest of us can't.

Looking at some of the matches, I think Angle/Steiner actually could be very good if Steiner reproduces the form he showed last year against Joe.

I hope Christian retains for now as Joe's first title win should be a big deal so I hope they wait a while for it.

If you're talking stinkers I actually think the Sting/Abyss match might be a bit of a farce as it sounds very suspect. Not sure how the Elevation X match will go.

On another note isn't it sad how LAX have gone from being one of the hottest tag teams to the sorry state they are in now? I think Ray and Devon are finished to be honest. They need to take LAX away from that feud.

And the X Division has gone from being something special to a total joke.

I hope TNA produce a good PPV but I won't hold my breath after their last offering. I wonder how many buys this one will do? I can't see it doing many.

Sad to see how far TNA have slipped.

I've actually not caught the last two episodes of Impact. That's how much I've been put off by the current product. Watching it these days feels like a chore.
    That's a pity cos last weeks episode was pretty decent. The Christian promo at the start was quality stuff. Also, Shelley and Nash had another priceless moment after Brother Ray called them "Bum Boys". The facial expressions between the two were hilarious. It probably was the best Impact in ages, apart from Tomko beating Joe.

This week however was a return to its ****ty form of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I think this is Russo's attempt to up TNA's buy rates with a load of gimmick matches.
    In fairness to Russo he is producing a fast moving show that keeps people interested for the hour, cus its hard know whats coming next. While Smackdown and Raw tend to have more and better matches these days, I find myself swiching over as soon as I see somthing boring and predictable that I have seen in differnt forms in previous weeks, which happens alot

I agree that the elevation X match dose look dangerous, neither man looked comfortable cutting a promo up there never mind wrestling

• Advertisement

In fairness to Russo he is producing a fast moving show that keeps people interested for the hour, cus its hard know whats coming next.

I would disagree with that, I had to stop watching Impact a while ago simply because too much was happening. They kept referencing stuff that happened the week before, but I just couldn't remember half of it. It's because the show puts way too much on for any of it to be effective. And I'm a wrestling fan who knows all these wrestlers already. I really feel for anyone just getting into wrestling/TNA and trying to keep up with what's going on

I just had a quick glance at another forum where people are discussing the ppv as it's on and
    it doesn't sound too good. I don't know who's won, but the general consensus is "who'd pay for this ****?". And I read that the crowd are chanting "FIRE RUSSO". Music to my ears!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Some of the stuff that wenf down last night makes me glad we dont have to shell out 30 odd dollars or whatever it is for a TNA ppv never mind a WWE one :mad:

Ok, I knew about the dodgy gimmicks and all that before I started watching but I have to say
    I enjoyed...most of the show. The ghetto brawl was alright, I just cant see why the belts weren't on the line. I guess it means Team 3D will get a title shot next month. Shelley got involved in the end to help LAX to the win.
    I don't watch double bull rope matches.
    Aries Ki was ok apart from the Chicken Wing element. The crowd don't seem to get Aries at all, although a few high spots had them cheering. Ki won with the....Chicken Wing.
    The Heartbrakers were Christys team, but that didn't give me a good enough reason to watch the match.
    Sabin and Lynn was really good, shame it ended with Daniels interfering, giving Sabin the win. Daniels is all heel now with his beard.
    The Elevation X was good for the fact that I was ****ting myself the whole way through. The scaffold was far too high and I thought someone might fall accidentally. Rhyno looked really uncomfortable, but pulled off a few decent spots. In his interview earlier he said how scared he was so maybe he was working it. In the end AJ took the easiest bump possible to end, but I enjoyed it as a whole.
    Steiner Angle wasn't as good as I thought it might be, pretty poor really. Angle won, surprise surprise.
    Sting Abyss was just silly with the gimmicks they had in it. The crowd were chanting "Fire Russo" during some of the sillier parts which was good to hear. Sting won.
    To the main event. I ****ing loved this match. Christian won relatively cleanly but Joe came out of it looking strong as an ox, the ending was perfect.

Definately worth having a look, even for the main event alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭rizzla

It was an okay PPV
    The Elevation X had lots of anticipation to it, they where so high up. It is a match you would only watch once, because once you know how and where it ends all the anticipation is lost. The bump will be used over and over though.

Ghetto Brawl was good. Wrestlers brawling through the crowd doesn't really make great tv but it gets the fans hot, which is what this match achieved.

Bulll Rope match was ok, nothing worth mentioning though.

Starr / Senshi (Don't get why people use their names they use in a different promotion, makes you come off as a ponce and elitist) was good, fans where dead through most of it, but I put most of that problem down to TNA managemnt as they gave this feud little to no air time.

Sabin / Lynn was great, ending was stupid though. Daniels unveiled to a no existent reception, hopefully TNA won't kill his character so soon.

Last Rites match was a joke, although Sting's cut looked nasty, it looked like he recieved it the hard way. It totally sucked all the energy from the man.

Steiner / Angle was good, bit short.

Joe / Christian was brilliant. Joe cam off looking like a total animal and the way Christian stole the win keeps him as a very strong heel.

Overall I thought the show was good, needs a major cutdown of ridiculous gimmicks though.

rizzla wrote:
    Starr / Senshi (Don't get why people use their names they use in a different promotion, makes you come off as a ponce and elitist)

Now don't you think ponce is a bit...wrong to use in this situation? Elitist definitely (ROH is after all way better than TNA :cool: ). But in fairness, WWE fans watching TNA aren't going to start calling Spike Brother Runt, he's just Spike. It's the same for me with Aries and Low Ki. Besides Austin Aires and Low Ki are way better names imo.

I thought the ppv was
    ok. Easily better than last month's ppv, but a lot of it was still lacking. I didn't enjoy the Ghetto brawl that much, because LAX are capable of so much better and I'm not enjoying all these gimmick matches with the Dudleys. Apparently there's another one on the way....

Elevation X was basically a build-up to a bump. Maybe it's just because of the guys who were in it, but I really just wanted to see a wrestling match. I'm still waiting on it from them since Turning Point. Fair play to them for doing the match, but I don't like seeing them in that sort of danger

Aries/Senshi was alright. Could've done without the stipulation

Bullrope match was crap. It was over halfway into the match when Storm did a wrestling move, and then he expected to get a pin from it. Made no sense, and there was no point in having the women there

The VKM/Heartbreakers match wasn't as good as some of the matches the Heartbreakers/throbs had on Heat. I was really starting to like them just before they were released by WWE, they started doing a "Throb-o-meter" gimmick on Heat and it was gas! Romeo's not that bad in the ring, but he didn't show much in this match

Sabin/Lynn was a good match. Sabin's becoming a much better heel than he was, and Jerry can still go in the ring, good stuff. I hope Daniels isn't wasted at all now

Last Rites match was not good. I felt like I'd seen it all already. When the casket started being lowered, I turned to my mate and said "this isn't wrestling, this is one of Russo's B-movies". Cue the fans chanting "fire Russo"! Haha, I'm glad they agreed. Where did Abyss go after the match? Did he just hang out on the Elevation X structure? And can someone tell me if they've ever seen a good casket match though? I think those matches are just designed to be bad

Steiner and Angle didn't have a great match, which is unfortunate. The Scott Steiner of 15 years ago could have had a deadly match with Kurt. The Steiner Recliner has to be the worst applications of any finisher I've ever seen. We've got some recliners out the back garden here that are made by a company called Steiner, they're crap chairs too. What next for Kurt? I'm guessing Steiner and Christian again

Main event delivered. I enjoyed this one more than any of Joe's matches with Kurt. And who'd have expected it? The best match on the card had no gimmick

About the last rites match, in the old days didn't a casket match signify the last match in a feud? The Undertaker would close the lid on whoever he was feuding with and move on. With the last rites match being a (de)glorified casket match, (Lockdown card)
    will someone please tell me why Abyss and Sting are fighting again at Lockdown? No marks go to anyone who says Russo either.
    Other matches rumoured for Lockdown are the Christian Coalition (Christian, Tomko, Steiner and Styles) vs Team Joe (Joe, Angle, Rhyno and another) in the same Lethal Lockdown as last year.
    The gimmick for LAX and Team 3D is an electrified cage match. Sure why not?
    It looks like Christy will bring in the Bashams this time to fight VKM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

better than last months? The only good match in this PPV was the Samoa Joe v Christian match. Well, the match between Jerry Lynn and Chris Sabin was decent too.

It's overkill with all the gimmicks in TNA. when are they going to realise this? they need to build interesting storylines and focus on the wrestling rather than using gimmick after gimmick to carry a match. With the result being you have to keep upping the ante and people become disinterested. WWE do it the right way-the build the matches up with an engaging storyline. Consequently, you are interested in the two wrestlers and what is about to transpire between them. I'm going to stop watching TNA if they keep this up.

In my opinion WWE should rue his Christian's departure. He is a great wrestler. He is great on the mic too. To be honest he, Angle and Samoa Joe are the only reasons i watch TNA now.

Rant over;)

better than last months? The only good match in this PPV was the Samoa Joe v Christian match. Well, the match between Jerry Lynn and Chris Sabin was decent too.

But did last month's ppv even have one good match? I can't remember it at all, just how pissed off I was that I watched it

• Advertisement

It was alot better than the last one in fairness, the last one was so horrible and badly prepared that no one made a thread for it here.

Just saw this as well, also form the Observer
    During the Samoa Joe/Tyson Tomko match, Scott Steiner hit a legitimate punch to Joe's temple that knocked Joe silly. There was talk of taking him to a hospital as he was showing the signs of having a concussion but as he was involved in so many more elements of the tapings they kept him around. Losing to Tomko and getting beaten up so many times on TV recently is punishment as the booking team are very unhappy with Joe's remarks in ROH about 'hurting his knee tripping over some bad booking' in TNA. Some are so angry that they don't want him to get the title at all.

The bold made me laugh.
    How can Joe be punished for a throwaway comment in ROH, that most TNA fans would never hear, and Steiner gets away with being stiff and knocking the guy silly?
    "Some are so angry that they don't want him to get the title at all". **** off Russo, I know that's you! Joe needs the title, the title needs Joe and the company needs Joe with the title. Simple as.
    Not straight away mind you, I'd say Salmiversary in June is when they will give him the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Fozzy wrote:
    But did last month's ppv even have one good match? I can't remember it at all, just how pissed off I was that I watched it

I actually enjoyed the Angle v Christian Cage match but the rest of it was very poor.

I think that the Angle/Christian match suffered from TNA's main-event booking formula. It had expected run-ins, unexpected run-ins, two ref bumps, challenger pinning the champ while the ref was down, champ kicking out when ref recovered, weapon shots behind the refs back, etc. It was kind of the same with Joe vs Christian, slightly lesser extent though. All of Jarrett's title matches were like that!

I keep trying to type something about how TNA are stupid if they waste Joe, but it keeps coming out wrong. It frustrates me a lot with the amount of potential they have there, and the actual stuff they produce

Now I'm not one for this myspace malarky, but I would consider startingan account just to join this.
    Notice Sabin, Petey and Storm are on the friends list already!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Double C wrote:
    just to join this

I saw that earlier today, I wonder will TNA listen?

Hahaha, Raven's there too! That's brilliant. The guy said he's got 33 pages of friend requests already, he's certainly not alone

Advertisement