Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelsea vs Spurs (match thread)

Options
  • 11-03-2007 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

I've heard the following:

Cerny

Stalteri
    Rocha
    Dawson
    Lee

Zokora
    Malbranque
    Ghaly
    Lennon

Mido
    Defoe

Which is not good. A lot of injuries from Thursday night apparently, John Terry will play according to the BBC.

I'll be an optimist though, and say 1-1.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 hugospurs

oh dear, not looking good.

if we concede early it will be a long day....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Team confirmed:

Robinson, Stalteri, YP Lee, Dawson, Rocha, Ghaly, Tainio, Zokora, Lennon, Defoe, Berbatov. Subs: Burch, Gardner, Malbranque, Mido, Huddlestone.

John Terry out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Lampard makes it 1-1, the sap!

Sorry fellas, we invaded the soccer forum so all the discussion is over there.

If you are going to post there (and have access) remember the rules are stricter over there than on here. Read 'em before you get yourself a telling off.

Or simply post here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 hugospurs

great performance by spurs, considering we had our 5th choice captain out there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Smashing effort considering effort to get back from Braga.
    Zokora is beginning to look special. I even commend both full backs for marking dangerous winfers. Missed a few chances.
    Our best defence is attack - we could not keep 2 goal lead second time this week - Rocha looked comfortable but ~Gardner is absolutely useless, nearly gave away a penalty and then outjumped by Drogba.
    At season end we need CB plus FB and 2 strikers - get rid of Mido, Defoe and Gardner.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The difference between Berbatov and Mido when he came on was unbelieveable.

I still think there's a place for Defoe, considering he so very nearly made it 4 - 3, but it's not as a first-choice starter.

What I thought was mad was that we were 3-1 up and "won" a half when we didn't deserve it, and then lost the second half where we were obviously the better team! Chelski upped their game too, to be fair, but Spurs were by far the better team in the second half.

So what's the lesson to be learned - don't go out to play well ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Absolutely gutted. They were there for the taking and although I still think we can take them again at home, we will need our full squad. Galinka, about Gardner, I get butterflies every time he is near the ball. I don't think he even jumped against Drogballs. I hate cutting up Spurs players, (Mido is a waste of Puma kit) but we need to punish teams when we get a chance, play fair but hard and maintain 100% concentration. Zokora is coming good and showed against Braga that he can run at defences but he needs to do it more against prem teams. I actually think Zokora / Jenas is a better partnership than Zokora / Tainio. Tainio tries hard but Jenas has better vision when on the ball. Any news on injuries. 4 games in 8 days is going to be tough.
    Also, has anyone noticed that Jol has better control of the team when Hughton is not on his shoulder showing him the suduko puzzle he is trying to figure out!!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Spot on - i'd love to know what he is writing.

The big mistake was not bringing on Huddlestone in front of the back four to release Defoe 1 on 1 against a dodgy defence.
    I can't understand what Jol sees in Gardner - Rocha is on a different planet to him. He attacks the ball in the air - the Gman is a Giraffe who cant get off the ground.
    I like Tainio does a lot of tackling and i'd say was knackered from 2 games - thought he could have switched Ghaly into the centre as he had not played on Thursday and was very impressive in first half.
    At least at season end we look like a team again - add 3/4 players and get rid of the aforementioned liabilities and we might break into top 4 next time.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Morning All...anyone hear anthing about the trouble near stamford bridge after the game !! Just read it on aertel last night. Were any of you involved etc..;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Apparently there was a lot of banter on sites between rival firms. There was definitely a battle arranged between "supporters". Sad, sad, sad.
    I was in the Corner Pin in the late 80s and the place was full of national front heads. Man I was scared sh*tless!!
    There is no place in sport for people like this and unfortunatley the problem is starting to grow again, especially at Tottenham by all accounts.
    Must say though that the Old Bill don't help the situation with their attitude. A mate of mine had to stand on Tottenham High Road and listen to a lecture from a 5'2" officer (surrounded by eight 6'4"goons!!) about carrying a bottle. Totally over the top and turned a great pre-match craic into a nervous, soured event (didn't ruin the game though, beat Villa 5-1). If it was here the Garda would have asked you to drink up and watch you put the bottle in the bin!!

Hatch99 wrote:
    Morning All...anyone hear anthing about the trouble near stamford bridge after the game !! Just read it on aertel last night. Were any of you involved etc..;)

10 stabbed, 34 arrests.

Various reports of how it kicked off, seemed both firms were determined to have a toe to toe. Trouble outside the ground before the game, and the more serious incident after the match. Also sporadic face offs throughout the day.

Top two firms in London are Spurs and Chelsea, next Monday night will be interesting...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

:D:D ah another two goal lead and you mess it up:D

OPENROAD wrote:
    :D:D ah another two goal lead and you mess it up:D

I smell Gooner.

There's an Arsenal end of season review you could be contributing to on the soccer forum.

Bye bye.

Advertisement