Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

End of Season Predictions

• 11-03-2007 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭

Current table looks like this (using redspiders cool technique)

Man Utd

Chelsea
    63*

Liverpool
    Arsenal
    52**

Bolton

Everton
    Reading
    Spurs
    Portsmouth
    Blackburn

Newcastle
    Middlesbrough

Villa
    33*
    Fulham
    Wigan
    Sheffield Utd
    Man City
    30**
    Charlton
    Watford
    West Ham

* 1 game in hand
    ** 2 games in hand

In terms of the Top 2,
    the run-in's are:

Man United:

Bolton - H
    Blackburn - H
    Portsmouth - A
    Chelsea - A
    Boro - H
    Everton - A
    Man City - A
    West Ham - H

Chelsea:

Man City - A
    Sheff Utd - H
    Watford - A
    Spurs - H
    Man Utd - H
    Newcaslte - A
    Bolton - H
    Arsenal - A
    Everton - H

I think Chelsea have a much tougher run in. Aside from having 3 relegation battlers in a row, they then have Spurs, United, Bolton at home, and Arsenal away. (not discounting Newcaslte away as a tough tie too)
    United on the other hand, while we have 4 tough ties coming up now, we then have an easy enough last 4 games, with Boro, Everton, Man City, and West Ham(who will already be relegated)

In terms of 3rd and 4th.
    I think Arsenal will struggle a wee bit due to the lack of decent strikers up front, so I think Liverpool should be able to keep third.
    I'd be suprised if Bolton can catch up with Arsenal/Liverpool, I think there is a possibility of an Arsenal collapse, and if that happens, Bolton are in with a shot, but it's really up to Arsenal.

In terms of UEFA spots, it really is wide open, with
    Bolton, Everton, Reading, Spurs, Portsmouth, Blackburn, and maybe even Newcastle, although I doubt it.

I think Bolton are guaranteed a spot, too strong for the other clubs. That said, have a look at their run in.
    United A, Sheff H, Wigan A, Everton H, Arsenal A, Reading H, Chelsea A, West Ham A, Villa H
    Top three teams there, prob lose to United and CHelsea, with Arsenal being a tight affair. Then they have relativly mid table teams of Wigan,Villa. West Ham by the time they are relegated, then matches against their rivals.

After that, Everton have a toughish run-in, have to play United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Bolton, but then have Villa A, Fulham H, Charlton H, Portsmouth H,

Reading have a tough one too, with Spurs A, LIverpool H, and Bolton A. They then have Portsmouth H, Blackburn A, and also Fulham, Charlton, and Watford.

Spurs have the easiest I think, with the tough matches being Chelsea A, Arsenal H, and Blackburn H. After that they host Reading, Watford, Man City, and are away to Wigan, Boro and Charlton.

Portsmouth have an interesting run in.
    Aside from Fulham A, Watford A, Villa A, they have a games against the top half. Reading A, Man Utd H, Newcastle H, Liverpool H, Everton A, Arsenal H.

Rovers have some games against the battlers, West Ham H, Watford H, Charlton H, and then the boring match of Fulham A. While the West Ham game will be tight, Watford and Charlton will probably already be down, maybe not CHarlton, by the time they play them.
    THen they have Spurs A, United A, Newcastle A, Reading H.
    This is also one of the easiest run ins.

I think in terms of run-ins it goes
    Spurs
    Rovers
    Bolton
    Reading
    Everton
    Portsmouth

Then in turn, I'm going to predict the table will look like this,

Bolton
    Spurs
    Blackburn
    Everton
    Portsmouth
    Reading

I think Blackburn are on a good run and playing good football. I think Spurs are finally beginning to show signs of themselves that they showed last year. And I think Bolton are just too strong.

In the relegation battle
    I think it's clear what's gona happen here, 6 point gap with 8 games to go?
    Let's have a quick look at their run-ins though

West Ham:
    Blackburn - A
    Boro - H
    Arsenal - A
    Sheff - A
    Everton - H
    Wigan - A
    Bolton - H
    Man Utd - A
    xxx - ?

Charlton:
    Newcaslte - H
    Wigan - H
    Man City - A
    Reading - H
    Everton - A
    Sheff - H
    Blackburn - A
    Spurs - H
    Liverpool - A

Watford:
    Spurs - A
    Chelsea - H
    Boro - A
    Portsmouth - H
    Blackburn - A
    Man City - H
    Sheff - A
    Reading - A
    Newcastle - H

In terms of top 4, UEFA fighters, bottom half, it goes
    West Ham:
    Top 4 - 2
    Uefa Fighters - 3
    Bottom Half - 3

Charlton:
    Top 4 - 1
    Uefa Fighters - 5
    Bottom Half - 3

Watford:
    Top 4 - 1
    Uefa Fighters - 5
    Bottom Half - 3

I guess West Ham have the toughest. Ultimately, I can't see any of them beating any of the top teams, except maybe just one victory (hopefully over Chelsea :))
    I think the UEFA guys are going to still be playing for something, so will beat them, and they might beat the bottom half.
    I think for one of them to survive they need to win maybe 6/8 matches, and the only way that was going to happen was if they were against people in mid-table obscurity with nothing to fight for.
    They are all going down, with Charlton having the best chance of staying up. They have a run of 4 games coming up where they could possibly win them all. IF they do, they might be able to take Everton/Sheff/Blackburn. I wouldn't place a bet on them though

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pretty accurate I suspect though Arsenal will end up 3rd. It would be like Liverpool to not beat Arse at home. :(

I think Reading will finish best of the rest, dunno why apart from thier form and quailty. :)

The 3 relegated sides have to be the current bottom 3 unless Man City fancy making it interesting.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

mike65 wrote:
    Pretty accurate I suspect though Arsenal will end up 3rd. It would be like Liverpool to not beat Arse at home. :(

I think Reading will finish best of the rest, dunno why apart from thier form and quailty. :)

The 3 relegated sides have to be the current bottom 3 unless Man City fancy making it interesting.

Mike.
    yes please:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

1. Manchester United
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Liverpool
    5. Spurs

18. West Ham
    19. Charlton
    20. Watford

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

1. Manchester United
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Liverpool
    5. Bolton

17. Man City
    18. Charlton
    19. Watford
    20. West Ham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Just as a side note to this, I see Blackburn are 14/1 at coming top outside of the top 4 on paddypower. This ain't a bad bet at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement