Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E61 Anyone got VOIP working?

• 11-03-2007 12:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone managed to get the Nokia E61 to make VOIP calls over wifi?

I have tried a few different VOIP providers but none have worked, I have the latest V3 firmware, I had to use the NSS program to change the product number on the phone as Vodafone branded handsets can't install the nokia firmware.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I'm doing this of the top of my head so I'm only going to put in the main fileds. Most of the others should be ok with the preconfigurd settings.

Username (name may be sip URI): sip:username@address (if your not sure what this is the best way to get it is to register with a pc client and take network traces to find it. It will be the SIP URI in the register message)
    Password: password
    Access Point: Your WiFi access point

Proxy Server

Address: sip:address
    Realm: The case sensitive realm that is in the Proxy Authenticate header sent in the 401 \ 407 response from the provider. You will have to take sip traces to get this or contact the provider.
    Username: Username
    Password: Password

Registrar Server

Address: sip:address (For most providers this will be the same as the proxy address but it could be different)
    Realm: The case sensitive realm that is in the Proxy Authenticate header sent in the 401 \ 407 response from the provider. You will have to take sip traces to get this or contact the provider.
    Username: Username
    Password: Password

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Thanks for the reply, I have tried those settings with a couple of providers but had no joy, do you have experience of using the E61 with any provider or was it an in house PBX?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

It works with Blueface for me. I used the settings off the Blueface web site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

irish1 wrote:
    Has anyone managed to get the Nokia E61 to make VOIP calls over wifi?

I have tried a few different VOIP providers but none have worked, I have the latest V3 firmware, I had to use the NSS program to change the product number on the phone as Vodafone branded handsets can't install the nokia firmware.

Have it working fine with voipcheap.com with V3 firmware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I've only used it with test servers. I haven't used it against any VoIP suppliers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I tried using VoipCheap but it doesn't work, do you mind posting up the settings you used? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

I didnt have any joy with voipcheap either

Advertisement