Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed options?

Options
  • 11-03-2007 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking for advice on a new garden shed. If I can source one at a good price I would be happy enough but am prepared to build one if need be.
    Aside from cost, I want it to look ok. My thoughts now are to build a wooden shed (approx 3mx4m) with a tile finish steel roof.

Has anyone a source for sheds at a good price? or, has anyone a source for treated timber at a good price?

I am in Kildare but I can collect Timber etc from a distance.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Alan,

There is a place on the Kilcock road outside Clane that do the metal sheds but I'd say they would be expensive.

A friend of mine got a load of treated timer from a guy in Athy recently to put up wooden screens on his rear garden wall to up the height of it by about 2' all around. I'm getting a few of them very soon so I'll get his details this week and pass them on to you. As far as I know he has all shapes & sizes of treated timber that should put you on the way to building your own shed. He will also deliver to your door.

The size you are looking at I would say you would pay nearly 2k for one. Much cheaper to build your own if you have the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply. That contact detail would be great.

I think that it would be cheapest to build but it could also be a better job. Some of the sheds i have seen for sale are really poor quality.

cheers

Alan

Advertisement