Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Service

Options
  • 11-03-2007 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

Hi All,

I am having problems with mys sky+ box not recording. This has been going on for a while now and i rang sky again today. Apparently there is a hardware problem with my Sky+ box. OK I said and Sky told me that it would be €100 for an engineer to call out :eek: . I told them that I am not willing to pay that amount of money and they put me through to some other department.
    I got on to this guy and i told him that i dont have any other option but to cancel my subsciption. Once I said that he said that he will waiver the €100 and not charge for a service engineer :D. So heads up if sky try and charge you for an engineer callout. Threaten to cancel ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,122 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yes, this method has been known to work many times. However, it doesn't work all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Check your bill, I Know a couple of people who used the same ploy, and got charged anyway!!

Advertisement