Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

can you help me

Options
  • 11-03-2007 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

i have a 00 ibiza and i got it serviced in a pretty small garage and the mechanic forgot to reset the service clock on the dash and i contacted the mechanic who said its in the manual but when i bought the car the manaul didn't come with it ... i'm hoping to sell it on and i can't tell someone i just got it serviced if its flashing up on the trip clock can anyone help me out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I doubt it's in the manual. go onto a seat/vw owners club and do a search.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Should be the same as on my old VW :

"depress the trip counter reset button and turn on the ignition to position 2, keeping the trip counter reset button depressed for at least 3 seconds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

m!!! wrote:
    i have a 00 ibiza and i got it serviced in a pretty small garage and the mechanic forgot to reset the service clock on the dash and i contacted the mechanic who said its in the manual but when i bought the car the manaul didn't come with it ... i'm hoping to sell it on and i can't tell someone i just got it serviced if its flashing up on the trip clock can anyone help me out

Taking from Autodata 2006

Press and hold Button A(RH one)
    Switch Ignition on,
    Turn button A to the right for 1 sec
    Display will now clear.
    Release button A
    Turn off ignition.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

See this post. It should be a similar process, and it should be in the owners manual - at least it is for VWs and Skodas of that year. If not just Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 m!!!

cheers guys i'll try that out today

• Advertisement
Advertisement