Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ruling Question

• 11-03-2007 4:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭

I was playing Madden the other day, the offense threw an Interception, I returned it way down the field but fumbled it, the offense recovered and play was ruled as a first & 10, despite the fact that the ball had gone from around midfield to inside the other side's 20. This how it happens in the NFL? Just seems kinda odd to me...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The ball was placed back at midfield you mean? If that the case then i am fairly sure its wrong. The ball should of been place from the spot the offense recovered your fumble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭TITAN #1

If you are in any doubt, why not ask on the REFEREES section on the www.iafs.co.uk.
    You should get an answer there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The place was placed back at midfield you mean? If that the case then i am fairly sure its wrong. The ball should of been place from the spot the offense recovered your fumble.

No, i kinda realise that I wasn't too clear...

Ball was on midfield (roughly) - it was 2nd down. Offense threw a pick. I returned it to around the 20, fumbled and it was recovered by other team. Ruled a 1st down for them on the 20 (or wherever) so they lost like 30 yards but start again with 1st down... It's probably right, just seems kinda odd to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Yea they are right. It is a first down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It amounts to two turnovers. Once the play is over, it's a first down to the team in possession at that point on the field.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

The interception ended the offense's drive. When you fumbled the return, giving the ball back to the offense, they thus began a new drive with a first and 10 at the spot that the play ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

There were two clear changes of possession, albeit for a very short period of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 RadioActive

Though that ruling was right, Madden has had some glitches in the past so you might occasionally get an incorrect ruling.

Advertisement