Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renting in the uk

Options
  • 11-03-2007 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

just a quick question here , what way do uk landlords take payment of rent ..?? normally like ,, cheque .. cash upfront ,, even credit card ?? anyone know thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

UK landlords are no different to Irish ones. I'm sure a potential landlord would be happy to outline what ways they accept rent. Most would probably prefer a standing order to be set up, but no doubt the won't mind too much what way they get it, as long as they do get it.

gottobjoking - you don't need to start a new thread for every question you have. You can put your future questions into one of your three current threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yep, I've paid by standing order in all the places I've rented in England. Paid by both standing order and cash-in-hand in Ireland :)

If you have many questions about living in the UK, try boards.org.uk as well. Faith (other mods), if I'm pimping the site too much feel free to edit my post :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 gottobjoking

um .. whats a standing order ???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's like a direct debit, only it's a fixed amount and it's paid into a personal acount instead of to a business.

gottobjoking, why exactly are you moving? You don't seem to know anything about the area, or about renting.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

gottobjoking, you will probably need cash to make your first deposit and rent payment as it takes a while to set up a UK bank account. Do you have a job sorted in th UK yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 gottobjoking

sort of ,, i wouldnt be going for a while , not until the summer , was just trying to find out as much info before i go thats all ... i think i would get the job if i pushed for it...

Advertisement