Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jericho to return to wrestling this year

• 11-03-2007 6:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

From Wrestling Observer Newsletter:
    Former Undisputed World Champion Chris Jericho is planning to return to the world of professional wrestling in 2007. However, the company Jericho will sign with is still up in the air.

WWE officials are currently in negotiations Jericho. If a deal is reached it is likely he will return to the company after the summer (likely in September) with the RAW brand.

TNA president Dixie Carter is also said to have a strong interest in signing Jericho. Jericho's band Fozzy has been featured on several TNA shows since he left WWE, adding to the speculation that he'll be jumping ship to TNA when he returns.

Jericho left WWE in August of 2005. He wrestled a long program with John Cena and actually signed a short-term contract extension after his original deal expired. Since leaving pro wrestling, he has stayed busy with acting jobs as well as touring with Fozzy.

I for one would love to see Jericho back wrestling again. He was always one of my favourites in WWE, whether he was face or heel he always put on a great show!

But I guess the question is which promotion will he return, WWE or TNA???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

No way will he go to TNA. He'll make it look like he's willing to in order to get a hefty sum from Vince McMahon.

Vince will throw a hell of a lot of cash his way if he decides to return to wrestling.

You know his return is going to be sweet though. Bring back the countdown clock from his debut I say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

He's just like Foley, he's got a book coming out so he's got to get back on tv to promote it. I can't see him going to TNA if he has the option of WWE. Unless Russo has been kicked out by then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

he will be going to wwe im guessing and im sure vince will give him a hefty sum of money to sign with WWE.
    Still looking forward to see him back if its true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Fozzy wrote:
    He's just like Foley, he's got a book coming out so he's got to get back on tv to promote it. I can't see him going to TNA if he has the option of WWE. Unless Russo has been kicked out by then

whats the fact he has a book coming out got to do with it? he never said he retired from wrestling hes just taken time off,and theres no way he'll go to tna if russo is around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

krudler wrote:
    whats the fact he has a book coming out got to do with it? he never said he retired from wrestling hes just taken time off,and theres no way he'll go to tna if russo is around

His book is about the early days of his wrestling career. The people most likely to buy it would be wrestling fans.

It makes sense that he would want to come back and promote it on a wrestling show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I don't think he'll go to TNA but it does have some attractions:

- easy schedule. He'd be at home with his family a whole lot and wouldn't be on a WWE schedule.

- there is no doubt he'd be a top , top guy in TNA for his duration there and would be on big money (doing alot less). He might be a top guy in the WWE initially for 2-3 months before getting pushed down the card again.

Again, given the state TNA is in, I don't think he will but its not totally cut and dry to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i'd love to see him back in the WWE, great performer. Would certainly be back on RAW.

With Triple H back in September, it could open a return feud between the two, which could be awesome, and would allow the writers to continue other lines, such as Orton vs Edge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Smackdown would be the perfect place for Jericho ... what with the rumours about benoit moving on. A Kennedy / Jericho feud would be brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Bring back the countdown clock from his debut I say!

how ****ing cool would that be :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If this is true, it's the best news I've heard all year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

i wouldn't like to place a bet on which promotion he'll go too, but i also feel he may court TNA solely to garner certain perks from WWE, for instance he may want a main event run or a title shot pretty soon after his return, its no secret he felt bored while he was being criminally underused before he left, i honestly thought his program with christian should have been main event status and for the title, instead of Trip carrying batista.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Will be good if its true, he has been missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Bit more info about Jericho from the Pro Wrestling Torch
    Chris Jericho is definitely itching to return to the ring, but he would prefer a Mick Foley-type part-time schedule. He would go to TNA if the money was right, and the schedule would be ideal, but he has been pretty consistent in telling people that WWE is his first preference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

mick foley only shows up around wrestlemania or when his books come out though. I'd rather see jericho on a little more than that. I'd say he wouldn't get a title shot if he came back especially if HHH was to return about the same time as him. You couldn't really be a part-timer and hold the title for too long anyway.

Advertisement