Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Black head removal

• 11-03-2007 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hiya,

Can anyone tell me how they get rid of their black heads? Those patches do not work on me.

I know there are electronic pore cleansers which seem quite good, anyone tried one?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I usually have no problem squeezing them as long as they are just blackheads and not spots, but I only do this occasionally as it's advised against.

In the shower press a hot facecloth against your face, this is good for your skin and for preventing acne.

I don't think any of those pore cleansing products actually work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 638 ✭✭✭theTinker

I found 'decent' pore patches quite helpful.
    I used local ones from my chemist and they were ok. I then purchased a more expensive brand because they happen to be beside me in boots. Cant remember the name.....cost 13€ or so, old ones were €7
    Anyways, They were more like cloth than my old paper ones. Have you tried changing brands? quite the difference i found.

I don't know if this actually helps but a few times before i put one on and after i have washed my face with a exfoliator. I have used a very clean thin needle to open some pores on my nose. just a quick poke at an angle. I seem to have some dead skin/blockages that sit on top of larger pores. So i move them a little, NEVER pressing hard or hitting skin inside the pore. The idea is just to move the top blockage so the pore patch can get in deep. I get nice results that way.
    itches a little afterward like cool air hitting and drying inside my pores. kinda feels fun. hehe.

As tempting as squeezing is, i find this terrible for my skin. I end up brusing it or oil on my hands or blockages further and just annoying the skin.

My mother has some wierd gizmo for scrubbing her back when showering. It just spins around. I wonder is there like smaller version for the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Mackleton

Apparently if you apply lemon juice to your nose or wherever before your chosen method of removal its makes it much easier as the juice is astringent, it dissolves the hardened sebum plug of the blackhead and opens the pore for cleansing. Haven't tried it myself but it makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭RosieRo

I've tried the natural collection ones from boots and the biore (much pricier) ones and both were as bad as each other.

As for squeezing I just can't get the little suckers.

I'm going to give that lemon juice thing a go, I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers for all the advice, it is much appreciated.

Advertisement