Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blackberry Pearl

• 11-03-2007 7:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

Was speaking to a Vodafone Store yesterday and they told me I could geet the 8100 on data pack only fro 24.20 inc VAT a month !

no need for a voice pack :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

I've been contemplating getting this for a while but only because I really want to be able to catch up on my emails when Im away. Is it only available on the Vodafone network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

Its also available on O2. i have it on O2 and find it brilliant if a little addictive!!

Doa seach as there are a few posts on the pearl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Common knowledge generally, but the cost of the device is generally a bit more if you don't take out a voice plan.

How much are they charging for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

I started using one a couple of weeks ago and think its one of the best phones around for the last few years. Battery life is great compared to any of the higher end Nokias, N73, 8800 etc and there's a sh**load of applications you can download for it.. Its only €20 plus VAT to use it for data only but its the first BB you can use as a phone without carrying a brick around so use it as your phone with the data add-on!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭OCD

on the o2 website it says €20 for Unlimited internet email and WAP browsing. can anyone confirm this?

i am thinking of getting a blackberry but i need some convincing! also, does anyone know if there is a charge for receiving emails while roaming?

what is the blackberry pearl like for other functions bar the phone and email? can you open pdfs, excel, word docs, etc and do you have any links to the applications that you can download?

thanks,
    dave.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I'm not convinced about the Pearl -we've only one issued but it has already received a few skelps and is missing bits. The owner had no probes with the previous 7100x.

Regarding PDFs etc - if you're connecting through an enterprise server you can certainly look at them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

OCD wrote:
    ?
    i am thinking of getting a blackberry but i need some convincing! also, does anyone know if there is a charge for receiving emails while roaming?

Yup, I had one for a year or so and moved to a Windows Mobile PDA style phone. Both have their ups and downs. Windows Mobile has better office support.

Advertisement