Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA cup thread

• 11-03-2007 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

No general about the weekend. Watford just went 1-0 up.

Even better, Blackburn beat Man city 2-0 earlier. A classic moment of some man city hound in the crowd giving it mouth, effing and blinding, and then breaking into tears. I was in stitches, definitly has to be caught on MOTD. Should be up on youtube soon enough.

A city fan ran onto the pitch and starting giving abuse to city players. Joey went over to the fans at the end of the match to give them his shirt(they were chanting "your not fit wear the jersey" :D ) and gave him a load of abuse aswell. Its all going badly wrong for Pearce. He will be out at the end of the summer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Did Barton flash his arse again just as they cut to the studio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dunne is in todays Sunday Times (I think) giving out about the imports bought during last summer, not working for the shirt.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

eirebhoy wrote:
    Did Barton flash his arse again just as they cut to the studio?

It looked that way, but hard to tell. We will probaly hear about it soon enough if he did. If i was him i would leave. hes too good for Man city, and especially if thats the way the fans are going to treat you.

With regards to the draw in the Semi finals , i work in sports and i was given the draw before it happened . I was told the it was Blackburn Vs Chelsea/Spurs and Man U Vs Watford.

the draw happened and it was the exact same .I know there is a 50 / 50 chance of this happening but i was told it happens in the FA to keep the big teams apart so the FA can make more money . Anybody ever hear of this ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

every year there's a conspiracy theory like this. A couple of years ago when manu drew arsenal in the semi, the smaller clubs thought the conspiracy was to prevent one of them competing in a high profile match.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

With regards to the draw in the Semi finals , i work in sports and i was given the draw before it happened . I was told the it was Blackburn Vs Chelsea/Spurs and Man U Vs Watford.

the draw happened and it was the exact same .I know there is a 50 / 50 chance of this happening but i was told it happens in the FA to keep the big teams apart so the FA can make more money . Anybody ever hear of this ?

United still have to beat middlesborough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

in the last 4 years, southampton, millwall and west ham have reached the final

hardly keeping out the smaller teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

The whole draw being rigged is bull**** if you ask me, I have never believed it has happened in the recent past.

How does the FA make more money if the big teams are kept apart? Don't quite understand this. The TV rights are already sold. The gates are kept by the clubs, no?

Good draw for United, really good draw actually.
    If we do beat Boro, which I think we will, we then get to play Watford, and Foster can't play, so what has been keeping them in the competition is not able to play, so they will be a much weaker team for us than for anyone else.

Blackburn/Chelsea/Spurs is obviously the harder side, and anyone of those teams could beat United on their day, so I'm happy we got Watford, and we'll meet one of them in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I've heard it plenty of times. Robbie Savage predicted it yesterday too and has said a few times that he knew Blackburn wouldn't get Watford.

The FA wanted a dream first final for the new Wembley. Here's hoping that Blackburn or Watford can upset them.

Wigan did just that when they beat Arsenal in the Carling Cup semi last year, knocking out Arsenal and denying the FA a United vs. Arsenal final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Barton did flash the City fans and is apparently in trouble over it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I'm always hearing people say stuff like this but don't really believe they are fixed to be honest. If only you had told us all much earlier!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Yeh, or if only everybody who believed this predicted it before the draw, and not after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

PHB wrote:
    The whole draw being rigged is bull**** if you ask me, I have never believed it has happened in the recent past.

true,anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lemlin wrote:
    Barton did flash the City fans and is apparently in trouble over it.

The fans deserve it for abusing Barton. He is one of a handful of players who plays his heart out week in week out and is being dragged down to the level of players like Corradi.

Joey and Richard Dunne have been consistently excellent for us, as has Michael Ball since he joined. Corradi, Dabo, Trabelsi and the like are an absolute disgrace and I didn't want any of them at the club in the first place.

Look at the players who've scored against us recently - Caleb Folan cost 550,000 from the lower leagues and Matt Derbyshire came from non-league. Pearce has had two years and has brought us nowhere while importing a bunch of overpaid wasters who don't want to wear the shirt.

The solution? Sack Pearce, sell the rejects at a cut price and flog Richards to Chelsea for 20 million. Then invest in the likes of Dave Nugent and other similar players. At least then I may have some pride in watching us again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lemlin wrote:

Wigan did just that when they beat Arsenal in the Carling Cup semi last year, knocking out Arsenal and denying the FA a United vs. Arsenal final.

Carling Cup is the Football League's baby, not the FA's.

Advertisement