Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xploder cheat saves Xbox 360

• 11-03-2007 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

In Game today and saw an Xploder for the xbox 360.
    From what i know you download save games (as i dont think there is such thing as a cheat for the 360 :) ).
    I was thinking it might be worth getting for those games that you just cant beat. Load up a save where someone else has already completed the game and unlocked a powerful wepon or something and then go back and pass what ever part your stuck on.

But at the same time it im thinking what fun would it be continuing on from where someone else left off. After you have loaded up one of the saves god knows how many things will already be done thus removing the fun of doing them yourself. Also is it possible that this will even work - I have tryed loading up one of my save files for Splinter Cell on friends computer using his profile but i was unable to - it would not load as the save was tied in to the profile it was saved with.

So im wondering has anybody tryed this out or are planning to in the future. How do people view the 360 Xploder.

Any and all Insight welcome :D

Would you use Xploder cheat saves for Xbox 360 6 votes

Indeed I would
    0% 0 votes
    Not In A million Years
    100% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I've never really understood the appeal of game cheats.
    The funny ones yeah, but personally, I enjoy beating the game so cheats are of no use to me.
    Each to their own though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Same here although I've only ever used cheats after finishing the newer GTA games only to command a tank, jetpack, rocket launcher or change character etc. It's one of the only games I've played well after finishing it and even tried to get all hidden packages just to spend time in that world. Since then, I've got too many games I need to get around to but would never consider cheating.

About that Xploder game save thing, don't you need a 64MB memory pack to transfer? The Xploder is actually half price if you buy it with a game in Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

About that Xploder game save thing, don't you need a 64MB memory pack to transfer? The Xploder is actually half price if you buy it with a game in Argos.

Yea i think a memery unit is needed alright - Another thing i dont get is how can they get someone elses save game to work on your xbox, i thought most save games were tied into your profile and you needed to have your profile logged in to load the save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

For my gamecube I have a memory card which has a USB port on it. It allows me to download save game files off the internet.

I only use it for unlocking things... I've never had the patience to play through the same game 3 or 4 times just to see the main character wearing a different hat or something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Yea i guess that is the best way of using one - does anyone know how the xbox360 one works????
    I really cant see how someone elses save can be loaded on your profile. More to the point i dont really want to continue where someone has left off, i do want any cool unlockables though - Anyone know if anything like this even exists or is it just save games data?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭AppleBack

I bought the Xploder thing-ma-gigy from Argos and didn't realise that I needed a memory card, I use a hard drive instead. They don't seem to have many cheats or game saves from people in their database. They,ve only around five or six games for the 360 version and their all cheats not game saves.

In other words, complete waste of money to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

You can't use gamesaves as they are linked to gamertags

Advertisement