Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my tortoise

Options
  • 11-03-2007 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

here is my male graeca graeca
    he is an adult , and is 5 inches long, he is a smaller sub species

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 tortoise17

i got him 4 years ago, his CITIES paperwork says he was born in czeh republic in
    1995, making him supposidly 12.
    but of course paperwork cannot be trusted, only if bought from an irish or uk breeder,
    he is 5 inches , and weighs around 340g.

during the spring he lives in a 4 ft x 2 1/2 ft wooden tortoise enclosure, it was built for only 40 euro, an allows for air circulation, unlike vivariums, which can cause fatal
    diseases,
    and in the summer, if warm he lives in his own part of the garden with a green house!!
    he comes from morocco, so only hibernates for 2 months, unlike
    some species like horsfields or hermanns which can hibernate for
    4-5 months

he eats dandilion, sowthistle, panseys, mallow, clover, nastursims, roses etc.
    i also add nutrobal, and calcium powder.

he gets a bath 3 times a week, to allow him to drink,
    whenever his substrate begins to look too dry it gets a quick mist
    with warm water, as dusk can cause eye irratation and rns,
    but you have to be careful cause too much humidity for some species can
    lead to shell rot, and rns alwell!!

he is called phoebe, cause i thought he was a she when i got him!!,
    and i tryed to change the name but phoebe had already stuck!!!:D :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Lovely looking tort Tortoise! Nice photo.

thank you!!!
    i am very attached to him!!!,
    do you find that about your tortises aswell?, i could never imagine parting with phoebe ever!!!:D

Of all of the reptiles I have kept they have the strongest personalities. I'm kind of attached to them but the attachment wouldn't be the same as say, a parrot or a cat or dog.
    They do have a certain charm tho. I was thinking of selling mine before they came out of hibernation.

have you decided to hold on to them?

i might as well ask..

can anyone help, i am looking for a match for my male graeca graeca,
    i m looking for 2 females, he is a morocann graeca graeca, he resembles a tunisian, but slightly different..
    please..any sugestions.., i asked ben in reptile haven, but its kinda hard to
    know exaxtly what he has, he said he had a female graeca graeca, but there are so many different graeca graecas if you know what i mean, like i live about a 3 hr drive from reptlie haven, so i cant exactly pop up, ..
    help!!

• Advertisement

Still in two minds tbh but it's hard to find knowledgable owners.

Advertisement