Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two questions

• 11-03-2007 8:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Firstly : My current phone is a SE K750i, I was very happy with it until the 2 button started to become unresponsive and eventually stopped working all together. Sending txt messages without A,B or C is very difficult! My question is, where could I bring it to get fixed and how much (roughly) will it cost? The phone itself is about 1 year old.

Secondly : I want to get a new phone, im only fixing the SE so I can sell it on to help fund the purchase. My problem is, I have no idea what to get! Obviously I want something that is a step up from the K750i. The phone I had before the k750i was the nokia 6660, which I liked. I would generally pick either a Nokia or SE.

Things that are important to me,

-Good OS
    -Camera (at least 2mp)
    -Appearance (although less important than the above)
    -I'm also a fan of features (i.e the light on the k750i etc)

I'm not too bothered about mp3 player suppoer as I have a decent mp3 player although most phones seem to have it these days anyway. Ive never really used phones for internet access because I always found it a bit crap so this isnt too important either.

My budget is somewhere between 200-300 euros.

All suggestions much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

There's a guy in the basement of 21 Moore street that does repairs - I'm sure he'd give you an quote on how much it would cost to fix - Changchun Telecom, 087 688 2955.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Sim Free or with a Network?

-Good OS
    -Camera (at least 2mp)

Nokia N73 or SE K800i seem good options to start with..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

quintron wrote:
    Sim Free or with a Network?

-Good OS
    -Camera (at least 2mp)

Nokia N73 or SE K800i seem good options to start with..

Either, I have a sim card already (vodafone) but bought my current phone sim free from ebay.

PaschalNee wrote:
    There's a guy in the basement of 21 Moore street that does repairs - I'm sure he'd give you an quote on how much it would cost to fix - Changchun Telecom, 087 688 2955.

Great stuff, cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if it's under a year old, you can bring it to the MPRC in sandyford, if it's in warranty (< 1 year old) they'll fix it for free.

www.mprc.ie i think is there site.

• Advertisement

How does the Nokia N80 compare to the N73 ? I prefer the look of the N80.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Battery life is reportedly quite bad on the N80 and the N73 is a newer model.. no wifi though. Camera is better on the N73.

quintron wrote:
    Battery life is reportedly quite bad on the N80 and the N73 is a newer model.. no wifi though. Camera is better on the N73.

The N73 is quite a bit bigger than the N80 though. I didnt know the N73 was a newer model though, thought it was the other way around. The N73 is only .2 mp better than the N80. Hmm choices choices...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Since you're already used to Sony Ericsson, how about the K800i? It's not a "smart phone" like the N73, but it is a very good replacement for the K750i.

Since you're already used to Sony Ericsson, how about the K800i? It's not a "smart phone" like the N73, but it is a very good replacement for the K750i.

Yeah, its pretty much between the N80, N73 & the K800i. Can't decide.

Any opinions on the w850i ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I love the W850i. It's a gorgeous slider, no joystick, small enough and a big bright screen. Ticks all your boxes too.

Only bad thing is that it's only on Three at the moment (bar sim free, of course)

The black N73 is lovely but a bit too pricey for me, cant spent more than 300. I'll most likely end up getting an N80.

Advertisement