Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forwarding Gmail to your mobile - anyone done it?

• 11-03-2007 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm interested in setting up my gmail account so my email is automatically sent to my mobile phone as a text message. I know Google has set up other features - like the calendar - to do this.

I've googled it briefly (heh, keeping it all in the company...) and found this and also this but they quote American providers. Just looking to see if anyone has done this with an Irish-based provider.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

What you can do if you are on Meteor is to forward from gmail to number@mms.mymeteor.ie That way you get emails to your phone as mms, very handy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Does it work for other networks as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

yeah just create a filter in Gmail with the action forward to
    flodis79 wrote:
    What you can do if you are on Meteor is to forward from gmail to number@mms.mymeteor.ie That way you get emails to your phone as mms, very handy!
    also using this you can forward selectively, when send is - example@examplemail.com, then forward to 08X1234567@mms.mymeteor.ie.

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Cool but I'm on Vodafone! Any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭niallb

flodis79 wrote:

How much does this cost?

Very handy though, just tried it.
    I've been using Meteor's webtexts via a meteorsms scrip to notify myself of mail
    - just the subject and sender - but this could be a nice extension for some of them.

I've been using the gmail phone app for a while (On a Nokia 6680 with a data sim in it).
    I also have a java version of the app on my SE K750.
    It's well worth a look if you want to have full gmail on the move.

Well spotted on the mms bit,
    NiallB

• Advertisement

niallb wrote:
    How much does this cost?

Very handy though, just tried it.
    I've been using Meteor's webtexts via a meteorsms scrip to notify myself of mail
    - just the subject and sender - but this could be a nice extension for some of them.

Well spotted,
    NiallB

The feature on Meteor is free. AFAIK I know you cannot do it on o2, but on Voda, but only billpay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭niallb

I assume you have to pay for downloading the mms?
    Wouldn't that show up on your bill as a data charge?

niallb wrote:
    I assume you have to pay for downloading the mms?
    Wouldn't that show up on your bill as a data charge?
    No, you never pay for downloading mms when in national coverage, so it's free. This service is not declared on their website, but it's indeed free..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

I have successfully set up Push email and pop3 e-mail on a Vodafone VPA 1605 / HTC Tytn.

It works like a dream!

I just went through the Windows mobile settings, et voila.

What phone do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

Hi....
    I'm on vodafone bill pay - what do I need to do to get Gmails on there?
    Is it free?
    And will the Gmails stay on the server?
    Thanks a mil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

speedy21 wrote:
    Hi....
    I'm on vodafone bill pay - what do I need to do to get Gmails on there?
    Is it free?
    And will the Gmails stay on the server?
    Thanks a mil

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=10957

u can leave a copy on the gmail server.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I forwarded the gmail to my eircom account which had already been setup on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

flodis79 wrote:
    The feature on Meteor is free. AFAIK I know you cannot do it on o2, but on Voda, but only billpay.

what's the address to send to on voda bill pay so i get email as mms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

On O2 you can get a mobile with i-mode, and forward it to your i-mail address. That way you can also reply to emails directly from your mobile very easy. It's free to receive and only costs 15c to send.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

im on meteor, and mail comes thru onto the phone from gmail but i only get the subject line. the message ' object format not supported" comes up on screen and i cant see the main body of the mail.

any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭speedy21

Checked out the Gmail site - its asking to enter the email address to which to forward to.
    Is it my number 087xxxx@vodafone.ie ?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

eirlink wrote:
    im on meteor, and mail comes thru onto the phone from gmail but i only get the subject line. the message ' object format not supported" comes up on screen and i cant see the main body of the mail.

any ideas ?

Switch to O2 and get an i-mode phone. That's what I did, it solved the problem.

Advertisement