Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Videos of Great Irish Athletics moments!

Options
  • 11-03-2007 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I was just wondering does anyone have a video (either on a computer or on tape) of the full race of Sonia O'Sullivan's 5000m Olympic silver medal race in 2000? I have been looking for quite awhile on Youtube but there is no sign of it! If not does anyone know where i could find a copy of this race!

Also if anyone has any videos of any other great Sonia, Coghlan, Treacy or Delaney moments that would be great!

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

I have videos of Coughlan around 1996/97, and also all the races from the world indoors in 97... Marcus and Frank winning golds in 1500 and 3k. Also have the first Sonia cross country national champtionship, including possibly her first television interview after the race in 1987 when she burst on the scene as a 17 year old.

Send me an PM for more details. I am sure I can dig them out, but not sure of the quality.

Domer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Coghlan retired in '94! And the others, I'm sure you're ten years out!

There's a youtube vid of Coghlan breaking the indoor mile record in '83

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Oops... I am 10 years out... God I feel old!!!!!!

And of course the first indoor championships from Indianapolis was in 1987, not 97.

Domer

Advertisement