Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VAT Qualifying UK Cars

Options
  • 11-03-2007 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

What does "VAT Qualifying" actually mean? There are a lot of "nearly" new cars, (mostly demos) in the UK are advertised as VAT Qualifying. I presume that this means that the VAT can be claimed back by business users or people buying the car for export?

But say that you were to buy a 3 year old car from a leasing company that would have claimed the VAT back on the purchase price, would this car also be VAT Qualifying? And if it is, could someone looking to buy the car for export claim the VAT back off the UK Revenue?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I would also love to find out as many ferrari's and other expensive cars sold in the uk mention the same phrase "VAT Qualifying". What does it mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

It's to do with company car rules in the Uk. AFAIK VAT Qualifying means you can get the VAT back if you can prove the car is used just for business purposes (ie. as a rental car). There are also rules relating to lease agreements and VAT Qualifying, but I'm not sure what they are.

Advertisement