Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Gold Partner Benefits

• 11-03-2007 10:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭

Question to all

Do any of you get any benefits from being part of a "Gold Partnership" to microsoft?

My certs are used by an umbrella company yet I've never received anything for my troubles, probably because I am not aware of any benefits.

Ive gone through the Gold Member MS website but I couldn't see anything of value, yet after speaking to a colleague in another organisation he said he received exam vouchers, free books and other misc items which of course I wouldn't mind getting my hands on as I have to pay for all my own exams/reading material.

Is anyone else aware of this? or know where I can get more information on it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Here is the link for the free measure up stuff

https://partner.microsoft.com/40029198

They cover from a dev side of things the following

TS: SQL
    TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - Implementation and Maintenance
    70-431

TS: VS
    TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - Windows-Based Client Development
    70-526

TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - Web-Based Client Development
    70-528

TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - Distributed Application Development
    70-529

TS: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 - Application Development Foundation
    70-536

Pro: SQL
    PRO: Designing Database Solutions by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
    70-441

PRO: Designing and Optimizing Data Access by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
    70-442

PRO: Designing a Database Server Infrastructure by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
    70-443

PRO: Optimizing and Maintaining a Database Administration Solution by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
    70-444

UPGRADE: MCDBA Skills to MCITP Database Administrator by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
    70-447

Pro: VS
    PRO: Designing and Developing Web-Based Applications by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework
    70-547

PRO: Designing and Developing Windows-Based Applications by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework
    70-548

PRO: Designing and Developing Enterprise Applications by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework
    70-549

UPGRADE: MCAD Skills to MCPD Web Developer by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework
    70-551

UPGRADE: MCAD Skills to MCPD Windows Developer by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework
    70-552

UPGRADE: MCSD Microsoft .NET Skills to MCPD Application Developer by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework: Part 1
    70-553

UPGRADE: MCSD Microsoft .NET Skills to MCPD Application Developer by Using the Microsoft .NET Framework: Part 2
    70-554

The overall site is here https://partner.microsoft.com/global/partner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

I use to give my MCP credentials to companies I was working for, even under contract.
    I do not do that anymore for many reasons.

You get many benefits, a part for the simple fact being a partner drives you businesses more easily. You get many tools to develop and sell products, you get listed on the Microsoft website as a partner, get several really interresting invitations to participate to Microsoft seminars, meet other partners but also customers.

The thing I love is the Action Pack.
    https://partner.microsoft.com/global/program/managemembership/actionpack

I am a partner (Basic one) and I paid about 300 euros to get this pack which is given me the right to use any Microsoft product for free (ISA Server, Windows 2003 Server, Exchange, Vista...) in my own office (Which is my home as well).

This Action Pack is great for small IT infrastructures but keep in mind you are only authorised to install those products on a limited amount of machines (Sometimes up to 10 like Office 2007 Enterprise)

Advertisement