Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small lump sum & e1000 a month, what to do with it?

• 11-03-2007 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I opened a Bank of Ireland smart save account 7 months ago, saving e1000 a month. http://www.bankofireland.ie/html/gws/personal/savings_investments/save/#doclink3

I always intended for it to be temporary measure but I got too lazy to look into other options, so I let my money rot in it. I've decided I might as well invest it somewhere that I'll see a return on it. So I would appreciate any suggestions on what to do with a lump sum of e8000 with a further e1000 added each month.

I'm probably going back to college in 6 months time, so I won't be able to save e1000 a month from then. I would be willing to go without access to it for the next two to three years anyway. I know nothing about investing so I'd really appreciate some good advice.

Thanks

Advertisement