Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ultra crap search feature is putting people off using boards

Options
  • 11-03-2007 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭

I miss the old search feature, as do many users. I tend to stick to the same 4/5 sections the entire time just adding the odd reply to a random other section now and again if a topic happens to grab my attention. I used to be able to click on the "MY POSTS" button and i`d find my posts instantly along with others replies. It was grand, very handy considering i dont check the site every day and pages and pages of threads then overcome my odd post in that section. Its impossible to then search the thread and find my single post as i cant search for username and even when it does search a bit it only comes up with threads i started and not posts. Its a waste of time to be honest, so basically i just dont post out of my usual 4 sections.

Lots of people are finding the site more and more frustrating these days, not just me. Its no decent search for over a year or more and now its updates afer another with bits of the site missing every 2nd day. The headings at the top of the forum are missing every 2nd hour and its just so annoying along with the search issues.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Google is good, someone posted a link before but I cant find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I depended on the my posts feature a lot myself, but if they can't do it they can't do it.
    However I think it's coming back in the future phases.

Yeah the plan is to bring back alot of stuff as it was but I dont expect people to know that if they dont bother reading the threads on the subject.

Subscribing to threads is what I do, I can end up with alot of sub'd threads but sure I just unsub when i'm finished with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Nuttzy wrote:
    I miss the old search feature, as do many users. I tend to stick to the same 4/5 sections the entire time just adding the odd reply to a random other section now and again if a topic happens to grab my attention. I used to be able to click on the "MY POSTS" button and i`d find my posts instantly along with others replies. It was grand, very handy considering i dont check the site every day and pages and pages of threads then overcome my odd post in that section. Its impossible to then search the thread and find my single post as i cant search for username and even when it does search a bit it only comes up with threads i started and not posts. Its a waste of time to be honest, so basically i just dont post out of my usual 4 sections.

Lots of people are finding the site more and more frustrating these days, not just me. Its no decent search for over a year or more and now its updates afer another with bits of the site missing every 2nd day. The headings at the top of the forum are missing every 2nd hour and its just so annoying along with the search issues.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Have you considered subscribing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

SyxPak wrote:
    Have you considered subscribing?

Whats this then?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Nuttzy wrote:
    Whats this then?

so in to user cp and options, you can set it to either subscribe you to or email you whenever there is a new post in a thread you posted in. Then when you click into user cp it will show you any threads that you have ever posted in with new posts...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

6th wrote:
    Google is good, someone posted a link before but I cant find it.

Aidan_Walsh posted a google workaround which works reasonably well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

Its sure putting me off boards!!
    Nuttzy wrote:
    Whats this then?
    Advertising :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You people do my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

peckerhead wrote:
    And in default skin the forum menus don't even appear along the top of each page any more? Pffffft. :mad:
    Thats not just in the default skin, thats a recurring problem that has been in place since the new server hardware was installed last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

We should bring back everyone's favourite Number 1 stalking tool shortly. And search.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

<3

6th wrote:
    And the "who's viewing this forum" thingy?
    I never saw the need for that thing, tbh.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I never saw the need for that thing, tbh.

you prob don't need it as you obviously have pyschic powers with your replies before the question!

Impressive bit of precognition the Aid, can we preform some test on you?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

WTF!?! :eek:

6th wrote:
    Impressive bit of precognition the Aid, can we preform some test on you?
    You can keep those probes in your own pocket, thanks :)

Fridgit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

lollers

cheers for that 6th

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

regi wrote:
    We should bring back everyone's favourite Number 1 stalking tool shortly. And search.

I'm your numero uno stalker regi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

6th wrote:
    You know, it doesn't actually work.
    "Vague guess at who's viewing this forum" would be a better name for that "tool".

Talliesin wrote:
    You know, it doesn't actually work.
    "Vague guess at who's viewing this forum" would be a better name for that "tool".

Thats good enough for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Nuttzy, this is going to be a weekly feedback thing for you right? Two threads in one week - it's a record.. no.. it's a broken record!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

regi wrote:

But sok never left. I know, because I can still feel his breath on my neck.

;_;

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

He really doesn't deserve this reputation :)

regi wrote:
    He really doesn't deserve this reputation :)

Oh I'm afraid he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Yeah .... **** you too :p

Asok = ++ stalker skillz

• Advertisement
Advertisement