Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good Looking C Class Merc Shocker!

Options
  • 11-03-2007 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

c220bluetec1.jpg

as opposed to

Mercedes%20C%20Class.jpg

Nice to see a touch of the old SEC look re-appear.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Those headlights look like the ones on the Hyundai Santa Fe. Definitely an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It looks cheap and Korean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

Back looks like a 3 series.But still an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You're joking Mike, right? :confused:

That's horrible :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Chrysler's idea of what a Merc saloon should look like! Terrible.

Is it me or are compact German saloons loosing their looks these days? The BMW E90 3 Series is no stunner in the looks department either.

• Advertisement

I think Audi are the only Germans who know how to build an attractive car these days...albeit a conservative look

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I have to say, the older one looks a lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It looks like a KIA, in fact most Mercs do, it wouldn't bother me anyway, I wouldn't touch a modern Merc with a barge pole, overrated rubbish and a ****e dealer network too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

I think it looks a lot worse than the old version. Reminds me of an old lancia or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Looks like it has Opel Astra headlights! And those wheels are just not right for a merc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

It's brutal, thankfully it's not an official picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

The nose is WAyyyy overstyled. Much to fussy and nothing flows... yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

"Bluetec" - that's their fancy new diesel engine isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yeah thats the Avantgarde one, which is the only one that had the grille with the star, all the others have the traditional rad with the star mounted on the bonnet.

I am undecided about the looks, but it seems that the trend is for more prominent noses, which deform predictably for the pedestrian NCAP test. A lot of cars will go this way, also the dash will start to look similar as the rules for display systems (Sat Nav etc) have meant that they all have to be mounted quite high, only a certain defelction of the drivers line of vision is allowed !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

If you photoshoped out the Merc badge in the front and presented that to the general public I'd imagine you would hear comments such as boring, basic, uninspiring. Of course with the merc badge loads of people would say it was classy.

It's woeful to be honest, but I've never been a fan of Merc saloon looks. Some of their sportier cars are nice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It's awful, burn it - the new one AND the old one.

The more I look at the above picture and by covering the front grill and light cluster - Is this a rebadged Rover 75? :p

Just noticed it has the curved window line, and general banana-inspired styling that the awful looking CLS has.

CLS:
    2004_mercedes_cls_02_m.jpg

It does look better in the second pic to be fair. Still no beauty queen though! :o

I like thew CLS (the headlights are a bit odd though)..the shape is good..that C-Class is just wrong though...looks like a car that you'd expect to pick up new for about €22k-€25k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Actually it does look rather like an Avensis !

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

who would buy this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

The CLS is the best looking Merc ever.
    brabus_cls_k8_34_2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Can anyone explain what we are supposed to be looking at ?

This is not a pic of the NEW C class this is a pic of the outgoing one or am I missing something ?

[Edit] Sorry - the top pic didn't load for me earlier.

I dont tink this pic is fair - I have seen it in others and it looks waay better - best wait to see it in flesh I'd say

Mercedes have built far better looking cars than the CLS. Quite apart from the prewar supercharged cars, what about the gullwing and the Pagoda SL? The W126 S-class was also in a different league to most modern Mercedes designs. If it comes to that, even the current E-class is far better-resolved than the CLS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dunno, I kinda like it. Sorry. :(;)

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    I dunno, I kinda like it. Sorry. :(;)

Mike.
    Well I suppose if we all liked the same cars there'd be no need for a forum.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

The back of the CLS is absolutely hideous. It is such a stupid looking car. That new c-class looks a bit crap too.

Oh god no. It's hideous. Even the Peugeot 607 looks better.

• Advertisement

JHMEG wrote:
    Oh god no. It's hideous. Even the Peugeot 607 looks better.
    Even a crashed 607 looks better.

Advertisement