Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Good Looking C Class Merc Shocker!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

bmoferrall wrote:
    Surely one of the best looking cars of all time:

5060802.001.mini10L.jpg

I too think the multipla-ntitis is a cool car.

I reckon if I was asked to do a list of 100 beautiful cars, that merc would deffo NOT make it.

I three think the multipla-ntitis is a cool car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

You people have no taste!

850Csi.JPG
    audi_quattro_01.JPG

Merc just doesn't do cars you can be passionate about - Mercs are for fat old men. Sorry but it's the truth and someone needed to tell you all. Here is another older German car that is actually quite sexy - notice the lack of Merc badge!

porsche-sm.jpg

The Multipla is of course a future classic. An ugly one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

By God If I were still a mod on this board....!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I like the Audi, love that shape in fact, and I appreciate what the Porsche is but the only number that should even be on the rear end of a Porrsche is 911!
    Merc just doesn't do cars you can be passionate about - Mercs are for fat old men. Sorry but it's the truth and someone needed to tell you all. Here is another older German car that is actually quite sexy - notice the lack of Merc badge!

..........the only people I have EVER seen driving 928's were fat old men !!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭tc20

@ Mike65 - in your first post you mention a hint of the old SEC coming back -
    yep, i can just about see the resemblance (prominent star on big grill). I understand that the new C class will have two distinct styles - the one pictured is the sport version, the more conservative models have a much blander look to appeal to those old geezers with Homburg hats who drive mercs.
    I concede that MB will never win a beauty competition as long as Alfa Romeo,
    Ferrari (some designs) Citroen (again some) are in the business of automotive manufacture (among others). However throughout MBs history there have been some sublimely elegant and stylish cars, from the SS and SSKs of the 1930s, the forebearers of the S class (think 300 Adeneuar), the W111/112s as posted by MercMad.
    For me the last 'handsome' Merc was the W126 SEC, indeed that was probably their last good looking generation of cars. Even the W123 has something of a solid yet superior air about it (considering what its competitors were at the time)
    And i do like the CLS, but it would have to be the AMG version. In black.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Wossack wrote:
    looks like it should have James Bond bad guys leaning out of it, shootin the place up :)

You never saw Ronin then!

I love all Mercs. I think they are all beautiful. The current C-Class is a bit too feminine looking or something, but I'd still buy it in an instant. I love the new C-Class.

I bought a lovely MB keyring in paris when I was 10, spent what was then a fortune of my pocket money. I still have it in its display box for my merc, which I have not yet bought. :)

You people have no taste!

Passion and German Cars NEVER go together.

If you want a beautiful car to be passionate about:

car74-lg.jpg

alfa-romeo_Classic_1.jpg

car102-lg.jpg

6733t_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Cosmo K

Passion and German Cars NEVER go together.

Has Alfas for breakfast;)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Cosmo K wrote:
    Has Alfas for breakfast;)

Alfas are bad for you

• Advertisement
Advertisement