Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trouble Learning Irish

• 11-03-2007 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

Well a few years ago I hated Irish but in the last 2 years I really do want to learn Irish,I want to keep up or culture ect but there's a Problem,From 3rd class to 2nd year I've had bad Irish teachers.

This year now which unfortunatly is J.C. I have a good Irish Teacher but Im like the Worst at Irish in my class.This will sound weird but every now and then I will say a sentence of Irish when at home which to me would sound like gibberish but it would make sense,So basicaly I could have a conversation in Irish but not have a clue what Im saying but Im a bit skeptic of my self sometimes like that.

So any one have any tips? or is there a Learn Irish In your Sleep CD.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Just take one step at a time, I guess. Like learn a few new words or phrases or read up on some aspect of the grammer you didn't understand before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

If you weren't planning to already, you should go to the Gaeltacht in the Summer. Not much use to you now I know but it will stand to you for the leaving cert, it will almost certainly improve your confidence and you'll have a great time too.

For now, like simu said, work on small things. They'll all add up by the time the exam comes around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Try buying ''Revise wise'' or ''shortcuts to success'', it should give you some help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I went to Irish College Before and I only learned Sha,Feic air sinn and reminded of Pog ma hòne.

As for the Revise wise and shortcut to succes I dont think they are ment to be much help,I'll give them a shot though

Advertisement