Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

putting alloys on a Skoda Octavia?

Options
  • 12-03-2007 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

What would it cost me? Skoda is 1.4 petrol Octavia (Ambiente I think), and want to improve on looks. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

You need to provide alot more info tbh.

Like how much your willing to spend, what size you want etc.

You can get a set of 15in for around 500 with tyres or 17s for around 700 also with tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

Well, it shouldn't look ridiculous for starters, and fit in with the wheel arches etc. Its a 03 octavia 1.4 Ambiente, what else can I say?? but thanks, thats a great help already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Go with 17s and a set of low profile tyres..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Plenty of tyre centres sell after market alloy wheels. Call in and have a look at the different styles they have that fit the Octavia.

The Octavia Ambiente has 15" rims as standard if you want to keep the existing tyres. If you want anything bigger you will need to buy new tyres too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Remember if you are choosing bigger rims than what is already on the car then you need lower profile tyres so that the height of the car is basically the same as before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

Also ensures the wheel doesn't rub off the inside of the wheel well.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Inform your insurer too. If you don't you'll get nothing in respect of your alloys if they are stolen. Fit locking nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

If you travel on bad roads a lot, forget about big rims and low profile tyres ...you'll just burst tyres and crack rims all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

15" or 16" inch genuine Skoda alloys would suit. They look much better than the aftermarket ones. Wouldn't go any bigger than 16" as they may look a bit OTT on that model car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

stick with the standard size 15". from your previous posts running costs are important, and 15" tyres are a lot more durable and cheaper than 17's

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

People buy alloy wheels for looks?

Not your ornery onager

colm_mcm wrote:
    stick with the standard size 15". from your previous posts running costs are important, and 15" tyres are a lot more durable and cheaper than 17's

Have found out that alloys are a softer metal than the actual steel wheel already on the vehicle currently, so I think I will give it a miss for a while, and the caps dont look too bad anyhow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you stick with the tyre size on the car now, buckling the wheel on potholes won't be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

colm_mcm wrote:
    If you stick with the tyre size on the car now, buckling the wheel on potholes won't be an issue

I'd agree.

Stay well wide of low profile tyres and 17"/18" wheels and you will be fine.

Agree totally!! Cheers everyone:)

Advertisement