Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 garden and symbian clients.

• 12-03-2007 2:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

folks,

so its impossible to run apps which need access to the web on 3 symbian fones? such as agilemessenger?
    this is a real pain, not been allowed to take advantage of phones and their facilities. pah!
    the sooner they get rid of the ridiculous garden the better

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

legs11 wrote:
    folks,

so its impossible to run apps which need access to the web on 3 symbian fones? such as agilemessenger?
    this is a real pain, not been allowed to take advantage of phones and their facilities. pah!
    the sooner they get rid of the ridiculous garden the better
    i've the gmail app, opera mini and AFT on my 3 n70 and they all work fine. or do you mean that only symbian programs can't access the web?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

hey, tell me how you get all that stuff running on your n70? or am i missing something or stupid (or both), i got a n73. tried AFT, and no good, someone said it wont work on 3 anyway.
    and how do yo check gmail?
    do you have any gps program you know for symbian o/s?!!
    cheers

legs11 wrote:
    hey, tell me how you get all that stuff running on your n70? or am i missing something or stupid (or both), i got a n73. tried AFT, and no good, someone said it wont work on 3 anyway.
    and how do yo check gmail?
    do you have any gps program you know for symbian o/s?!!
    cheers
    tbh i just put them on and they worked.

the AFT client itself does work on the phone but what it does is it logs into the voda/o2/met websites, accesses your free webtexts and sends it that way. 3 don't have webtexts so there's nothing to access. i tested it using my meteor number in the settings. did you try using it with your 3 number in? if so what did you use for the password?

for gmail i use the app at http://gmail.com/app. browse to that on your phone

route 66 has a program for the symbian os. you can buy it in carphone warehouse for 250 or thereabouts. comes with a bluetooth gps module. it has a picture of an n70 on the box iirc so i'd be fairly sure it works with it :)

i'm sure you'd be able to get the program free somewhere but its pretty much useless with the bluetooth module so best to just buy it if you want to use it

hey , your obviously not on 3 i dont think? i cant browse to the gmail link, with the walled garden crap.
    i got a data sim and will see how i get on with this and open browsing tomorrow.

legs11 wrote:
    hey , your obviously not on 3 i dont think? i cant browse to the gmail link, with the walled garden crap.
    i got a data sim and will see how i get on with this and open browsing tomorrow.
    i am on 3. ask anyone here :). the walled garden is gone no? are you on 3pay? it might not be dropped there yet

edit: just rang 3 there. if you're on 3pay, you have to register and go to a 3 store to give age verification. and you have to buy it in chunks. 5.99 for 100mb is the cheapest. there's no per kb charge

• Advertisement

im on monthly, my 200texts/200mins pan out at over 50e at least so they are minting me......

i got the data sim and my new quota this month and can do browsing sans walled garden it seems, boards, bbc,gmail all worked.

how often do they update your quota, i racked up a 600e bill in a week last time but they waived it, bless em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

legs11, what about changing to the current 200 mins plan for €29 and adding the text addon? Would work out cheaper I think. You could also add on the data add on to use when you've reached 3000MB on your data card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Just looked this up. talk 200 Anytime + 200 messages makes it €38.99 a month, which isn't too shabby.

hey

so, tell me, my 200/200 deal now is like 40e a month (have to check bill), plus 40 for 3gs data card

can i get a batter deal and will they move my price plans?

legs11 wrote:
    hey

so, tell me, my 200/200 deal now is like 40e a month (have to check bill), plus 40 for 3gs data card

can i get a batter deal and will they move my price plans?
    if you got it before the new tariffs, your 200/200 deal is 45. yes you can get a better deal and they might move you. ask them

• Advertisement

hmmm, right. i will ask em to put my price plan in line with their new offerings, not sure about the unltd broadband, im already paying 40e, another 20e, no thanks.

Advertisement