Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mk4 Golf service

Options
  • 12-03-2007 3:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

Wheres the cheapest place to get a 1999 mk4 golf serviced in dublin.I donot would like to get it dont from a dealer instead of a independent person.
    Its due a nct on april 4th so it would also need a overall check up and pre test.

Can anyone recommend a dealer around south dublin please

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Firstly an NCT pre-test is a waste of money as the garage giving the pre-test cannot guarrantee that the car will pass.As for S. Dublin dealers - did you look at the VW site? http://www.volkswagen.ie/Dealers/index.cfm?fuseaction=countydropdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

kbannon wrote:
    Firstly an NCT pre-test is a waste of money as the garage giving the pre-test cannot guarrantee that the car will pass.As for S. Dublin dealers - did you look at the VW site? http://www.volkswagen.ie/Dealers/index.cfm?fuseaction=countydropdown

How do you know a garage doesn't give a guarantee with a pre-test???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

kbannon wrote:

Are you sure,If thats the case theres no point in getting a pre test.I might just get a full service and hope for the best :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I don't think any garage will guarrantee that a car will pass the NCT because many cars fail over things that shouldn't fail, etc.
    A garage can only verify that the car is in a certain condition when they saw it - not when its at the NCT centre.

Personally, I had my car looked at by a BMW dealer the day before my last NCT. They were specifically told to check the lights as I had recently installed new lamps. My car failed the NCT on its lights. The dealer told me to look at the back of my invoice which basically said that they cannot guarrantee that it will pass the NCT.

kbannon wrote:
    I don't think any garage will guarrantee that a car will pass the NCT because many cars fail over things that shouldn't fail, etc.
    A garage can only verify that the car is in a certain condition when they saw it - not when its at the NCT centre.

Personally, I had my car looked at by a BMW dealer the day before my last NCT. They were specifically told to check the lights as I had recently installed new lamps. My car failed the NCT on its lights. The dealer told me to look at the back of my invoice which basically said that they cannot guarrantee that it will pass the NCT.

Thanks for you input and experience.I know what you mean.The nct is really just a risk you will pass or you wonot.And if you donot pass its over something stupid.

Does anyone know any vw independent but good mechanic around south dublin.I would need to get the service book stamped.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

kbannon wrote:

I run a garage that fully guarantees every single NCT that we do, not only do we fully guarantee the NCT, we actually bring the vehicle to the NCT centre for our customers and return the vehicle to them with an NCT disc on the windscreen, no problem. Any garage that can't stand over their NCT prep work isn't worth dealing with imo.

Darragh29 wrote:
    I run a garage that fully guarantees every single NCT that we do, not only do we fully guarantee the NCT, we actually bring the vehicle to the NCT centre for our customers and return the vehicle to them with an NCT disc on the windscreen, no problem. Any garage that can't stand over their NCT prep work isn't worth dealing with imo.

Where are you based.Could you please pm me details on the cost of a service and a pre test for a 1999 golf 1.4

Advertisement